Reaction question?

• Thread starter chemlove
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reaction
In summary, the conversation discusses a reaction involving 1-chloro-4-vinylbenzene and Mg Turning/THF, and the potential final product when reacted with Me3SnCl. The conversation also mentions the possibility of halogens being involved in Grignard reactions, and one participant's understanding of the reaction.
chemlove
1-chloro-4-vinylbenzene ----> (i) Mg Turning/ THF ---> ?
(i) Me3SnCl

If this reaction is done, what will be the final product?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Untitled.png

chemlove said:
1-chloro-4-vinylbenzene ----> (i) Mg Turning/ THF ---> ?
(i) Me3SnCl

If this reaction is done, what will be the final product?

What reactions do you know that involve solid magnesium? Do any of these also involve halogens?

no halogens

but this reminds me of grignard reactions

No halogens in Grignard reaction?

What is a Grignard reagent?

not sure, I just guessed.

Reaction of magnesium with the halogens
This initially has chloride in it so first it would attach Mgcl to it then Me3sn
is that correct?T

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD
I figured out the answer.

1. What is a reaction question?

A reaction question is a type of question that prompts a response from someone based on their thoughts, opinions, or feelings about a certain topic or situation.

2. How is a reaction question different from a regular question?

A reaction question is typically open-ended and requires a more personal response, while a regular question may have a specific answer or be more factual.

3. What is the purpose of asking a reaction question?

The purpose of asking a reaction question is to gather insights, opinions, and perspectives from others in order to better understand a topic or situation.

4. How can a reaction question be used in research or experiments?

Reaction questions can be used in research or experiments to gather qualitative data and gain a deeper understanding of participants' thoughts, feelings, and behaviors related to the topic being studied.

5. What are some tips for asking effective reaction questions?

Some tips for asking effective reaction questions include being specific, avoiding leading or biased language, and allowing enough time for the person to think and provide a thoughtful response.