Reaction to COVID-19 Vaccine (or what to be prepared for)

In summary, after receiving the second dose of the Moderna vaccine, the person had minor symptoms such as soreness in the arm, feeling sleepy, and a slight fever. They also experienced fatigue, brain fog, and a low appetite. These symptoms lasted for about a day and gradually improved over the course of a month. The person's wife and neighbor also received the vaccine, with milder reactions. The person stated that their immune system responded strongly to the vaccine, showing that it recognizes the spike protein of SARS-COV-2. They also emphasized that despite the side effects, they would still prefer the vaccine over getting the actual virus. After receiving a booster shot, the person experienced even milder symptoms compared to the second dose.
russ_watters said:
Please recognize that even aside from the policy issue, what you are saying about reactions is way, way, way outside the norm.

Indeed it is. The development of vaccines is done on a risk/reward basis. Because of the seriousness of Covid, the risk/reward was to accelerate the process. It has saved countless lives, so it was a success - the bad reactions are negligible in comparison. Even in one outbreak, Sydney at the moment, it is estimated Pfizer has saved 5808 lives:
https://www.burnet.edu.au/news/1506...ctions_for_second_epidemic_wave_in_sydney_nsw

Medical professionals are not running away from the risks - all are well aware of what happened with the 1976 Flu vaccine:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/long-shadow-1976-swine-flu-vaccine-fiasco-180961994/

The current vaccines have overall proved a stunning success. Yes, like all medicines, there have been vaccine complications, some even fatal such as the one in a million risk of dying from CVT with the AZ vaccine. But it must be kept in mind that even getting out of bed in the morning carries a 2.5 in a million risk of dying. Do you never get out of bed? Of course not. We all must accept some risk in our lives.

Thanks
Bill

Likes russ_watters, chwala, Borg and 1 other person
Biology news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
Based on moderator discussion we're going to lock this thread. It was something of a problematic double-edged sword from the beginning. Thanks everyone for contributing.
Per multiple member requests this thread is being re-opened. Please keep in mind the following ground-rules:

This thread is for relaying/discussing either:
1. Your own personal, fact-based experience with the vaccine (do not attempt to self-diagnose or otherwise speculate as to the nature of interactions with medicines/conditions).
2. Clinically recognized vaccine effects.

This thread may not be used to diagnose any health issue or speculate about undocumented vaccine side effects.

Likes jim mcnamara, Tom.G, pinball1970 and 4 others
artis said:
Well I believe I have some authority when I speak on this issue, I had both a severe Covid and a vaccine with it's side effects I can compare very well.
My Covid was worse by any measure. As far as I am now (if the symptoms will not get worse) I can say that vaccine has had minor symptoms compared to those I battled after a double sided viral pneumonia. All I said from the beginning is that the spike protein most likely has some CNS interaction that causes these rather unpleasant symptoms (heart rate/beat, dizziness, muscle pain etc) Because I had the exact same ones after Covid also together with the rest of the bunch. But I have done some thinking and I believe I can single out the ones that are the same both from real infection and vaccine.
As for the physical symptoms like fever which is rather common I had none, no temperature, no fever no real chills.
I perfectly get your point @pinball1970 the odds especially for older people are way in favor of vaccine.Listen russ I have always liked your style here and you have been an overall nice forum comrade but in this case I do feel both you and @fresh_42 just got mad for no reason. I really didn't push anti-vax ideas, never have, and the extraordinary claims rule cannot apply in this ,because as I already said, it would be stupid to expect for me to be able to prove to you my symptoms, you just have to trust me on this , logic is on my side there is no gain for me to come here waste my time writing something I made up, I just wanted to put it down in case someone else gets to have the same reaction and it' possible, my symptoms one way or the other are all written down in the adverse effects websites run by government agencies both here where I live as well as in US.
Also my idea that people should be more careful towards their health and know their condition before going taking drugs is I believe a well based and logical one. I mean most drugs are prescription exactly for that reason.
I personally think ,and I hope I am still allowed to express my own opinion, that many science oriented folks have gotten bit emotional over this because on one side we have a health problem- pandemic on the other side we have some percentage of vaxxed folks experiencing bad side effects and no option here is really good. It's just a matter of choosing the lesser evil.
But just as we shouldn't be anti-vaxxers we also shouldn't be "anti-side effecters"
Unless of course you believe I am a liar for no gain.PS. I also would say to my own alibi that I am a trustworthy person and I keep my health checked regularly and read medical papers etc. I am not the type of person to just feel a headache and blame the weather.
I think artis you might be missing some relevant information about our understanding of Covid 19 and the vaccination. While it's certainly true that the virus has behaved in some unusual ways, that doesn't mean we don't know a great deal about it, and this information is increasing all the time.
The problem is that this is a new disease, which has generated a great deal of anxiety, while at the same time the information people get is clouded by misunderstandings and misinformation. This has lead to a situation in which people have become much more vigilant about any symptom or experiences, its characteristic of one of the way's anxiety tried to protect us. Unfortunately it simply isn't true that having Covid and the vaccine means you can speak with authority, all you can do is speculate about the things you become aware of. Many of the same reactions are seen following other vaccinations, but most people simply ignore them, they are seen as ordinary.

It's certainly not the case that all the things that people experience are individual or difficult to understand, vaccinations work by presenting an immune challenge which has a range of general and specific effects on the body. Most of the adverse effects of vaccinations occur as a result of the initial activation of the immune system and commonly occur with most vaccinations and in fact in most infections. These reactions are extensively monitored in various countries, particularly because of its emergency use designation, this means we have data related to around 6.5 billion vaccinations. It's also worth remembering that having a vaccination doesn't stop other health problems, but this doesn't mean that there is no way of knowing why things occur. You use the example of thrombosis, a common problem regardless of vaccination, but in fact the type of thrombosis associated with Covid vaccination tends to be associated with particular vaccines, within a particular timeframe, and it has a number of unusual features along with specific biomarkers. So, when you describe the symptoms of Covid being worse, well that of course is entirely predictable, as is feeling tired. Some of the symptoms that we see in Covid infection can also occur, though they are mild and short-lived, most of these symptoms are the result of systemic effects and occur as a result of our own bodies defences rather than because of particular effects on the CNS, in fact the vaccine doesn't contain the full spike protein, only the instructions to produce specific part of this protein. I suspect some of your speculations about this was one of the issues people reacted to, the symptoms like a fast heart rate are easily explained by the reactivity or even by anxiety.

I suppose the general concern is in the focus on adverse events to the vaccine which when compared to the risks of the disease are really quite trivial, even some precautions taken early in the vaccination campaign have been dropped, the risks being so small. Investigating adverse events to understand them and using the data available to us, we have even managed to reduce some very rare but more dangerous adverse events. Since the UK introduced age restrictions on the use of the astra zenica vaccine, vaccine induced thrombosis has virtually disappeared and the cardiomyopathy associated with the mRNA vaccines hasn't killed anyone for some time.

• Informative
Likes pinball1970, bhobba, Tom.G and 1 other person
A county in Washington on Tuesday confirmed that a woman died from blood-clotting complications after receiving Johnson & Johnson's single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. She is believed to be the fourth person to have died from such a complication.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fourth-person-dies-from-rare-blood-clotting-syndrome-after-receiving-jandj-vaccine/ar-AAPaMgq

The CDC report nearly 8 million JNJ vaccines have been administered during March and April 2021.
According to information from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), there were 653 reports of fainting events (fainting and near-fainting) among nearly 8 million doses of J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine administered in the United States in March and April 2021.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/janssen.html

More doses have been given since April. Even so, the risk based on readily available data would be 4 / 8 million, or 0.5 E-6, and that is apparently with folks who have certain rare conditions.

• Informative
  • Sad
Likes Laroxe, pinball1970, bhobba and 1 other person
Laroxe said:
I think artis you might be missing some relevant information about our understanding of Covid 19 and the vaccination...
Let's move on from this line of discussion please. artis won't be returning to the discussion. I can prune the problematic posts if need be, but was hoping to not have to.

Likes Laroxe, bhobba and Astronuc
Astronuc said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fourth-person-dies-from-rare-blood-clotting-syndrome-after-receiving-jandj-vaccine/ar-AAPaMgq

The CDC report nearly 8 million JNJ vaccines have been administered during March and April 2021.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/janssen.html

More doses have been given since April. Even so, the risk based on readily available data would be 4 / 8 million, or 0.5 E-6, and that is apparently with folks who have certain rare conditions.
Yes, this is another viral vector vaccine where this has been seen. I wonder why they haven't applied an age restriction as they have with the Astra Zenica vaccine.
https://www.reuters.com/business/he...-reports-rare-clots-uk-scientists-2021-08-11/

A study of common side effects from the vaccine has been posted. The most common is Fatigue (~67%), with Headache running a close second (~60%).

"An objective systematic comparison of the most common adverse events of COVID-19 vaccines"​

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.11.21264830v1.full.pdf

Or if you prefer a short synopsis,

"Researchers identify common side effects of three COVID-19 vaccines"​

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...-side-effects-of-three-COVID-19-vaccines.aspx

Cheers,
Tom

Likes bhobba
I had the real thing and I barely noticed it. Probably because I'm dealing with worse issues, like two autoimmune diseases, but I'm slowly healing, with carnivore diet.

• Informative
Likes bhobba, Tom.G, artis and 1 other person
Likes bhobba, Laroxe and hutchphd
According to https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-does-the-vaxzevria-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-cause-blood-clots

There has been a link established between the AstraZeneca vaccine and a very rare but serious side effect called thrombosis in combination with thrombocytopenia. There is a very low chance of this side effect, which may occur in around 4-6 people in every million after being vaccinated

This shows that compared to Covid 19 deaths getting the vaccine is much lower risk than getting Covid 19 unless you have a pre-existing condition related to vaccination.

Likes Astronuc and russ_watters
morrobay said:

Well the vaccine's used were both using killed virus, the traditional approach to many vaccines in the past, it is considered rather less effective than the vaccines using newer technology. Vaccination of course doesn't prevent the day to day risks of adverse health events and in the sad case of the young woman, it seems unlikely that a systematic infection would be related to the vaccine. The mother might blame the vaccine, but unfortunately people do die, even young people and in this case if the diagnosis is right there doesn't seem to be any direct association.

The association for the young man does seem stronger and warrants further investigation. I know that in Thailand around 7.9 million vaccinations have been given with around 24.6 per 100,000 reporting significant side effects, there were also 103 deaths. (1.3 per 100,000). So far, investigations into 43 of these cases have been finished, none were considered to be vaccine related. Overall the rates seem at least comparable to the other vaccines available, the main concern with these vaccines appears to be their lower effectiveness.

It seems that most of the stories and the information is sourced from newspapers without their sources identified and it is true that the data we have on the adverse events to the Chinese vaccines is more limited. However serious illness and deaths remains rare following the vaccine, it looks as if the risks from contracting the disease are around 1000 times greater.

It is true that younger people are less likely to experience a serious illness from Covid-19 and the balance of risks has been the subject of some debate when it comes to vaccinating children. However in the current wave of infections in the west the age demographics of infection appears to have changed with the main drivers of infection being in the 20 – 49 age groups, they tend to be less ill than older people and so maintain their social contacts. Younger children when returning to school, because of their social behaviour can potentially become drivers of infection.

Likes bhobba and russ_watters
The case I'm trying to make is against healthy in their 20,s getting vaccinated. At least 90% of Covid fatalities in Thailand are related to the co morbidities: overweight, age, kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes. I'm surprised some of these people are still walking around. So it's easy to show Covid is more lethal than vaccinations. Again it's is only the subset , healthy twenties, that I am referring to.

Likes artis, chwala and Laroxe
morrobay said:
The case I'm trying to make is against healthy in their 20,s getting vaccinated. At least 90% of Covid fatalities in Thailand are related to the co morbidities: overweight, age, kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes. I'm surprised some of these people are still walking around. So it's easy to show Covid is more lethal than vaccinations. Again it's is only the subset , healthy twenties, that I am referring to.
Yes, I realized that, but the debate follows the reasoning that while 20-year-olds are unlikely to die they are in the age range considered to be responsible for the high rate of infection and they also engage in more risk taking. The greater the number infected the greater the risk, and the risk is real, I recently looked at some figures that showed over 300 deaths in the US in 2021, OK the rate rises quite quickly with age but even so there haven't been that many vaccine related deaths. As you say, its easy to show that Covid is more dangerous than vaccinations, but that's because it is, even in 20-year-olds. As age decreases, the risk gets even smaller, and the issue of the primary purpose of vaccination being to protect others becomes even more problematic.

You have to remember that we don't live in isolation and many institutions face the responsibility to provide a safe environment for the people they serve, this is a legal requirement in many places and so many organisations are actually mandating vaccinations, really to protect themselves. Schools and Universities face the same issues and they are not new, think about the requirements for illnesses like measles. It might seem unreasonable but if we live in a society we are always faced with the issue of social responsibility, while the individual has rights so do the individuals they come into contact with. Even now, a 20-year-old can indeed refuse vaccination, that's their right, but that may mean they can't attend University, they can't get a job and they can't travel abroad, because these organisations have rights as well. It's an interesting moral problem, but when you have ante vaccine /anti mask demonstrations to support their beliefs with threats of violence, it makes the moral uncertainty much easier to bear.

Unfortunately I lost my psychiatrist due to a vaccine mandate being put on people who provide health services here in NZ. He was rather good and having just lost my social worker (who moved onto the role of a social worker in a prison setting), I now need to acquaint myself with new people who don't know me to have my mental health treated. Notes can be handy, but I've had this psychiatrist since 2012.

I had my suspicions when I first asked him 'have you had the jab' and he replied 'that's private medical information'. When I met with my new nurse today, who broke the news to me that he quit, she mentioned its in the news -- online -- where he expresses his view for not getting the Pfizer vaccine (said in his capacity as a private citizen). A subsequent Google has presented those items to me - a video, a news article and two letters he wrote to our Prime Minister (back in 2020 and again 2021).

Likes chwala
morrobay said:
This only considers fatalities. 20-somethings like everyone else, can still get long haul symptoms from Covid when they aren't vaccinated.

Likes russ_watters and pinball1970
morrobay said:
And they can also pass it along to more vulnerable people who may be immunocompromised. And they can provide the system within which the virus can mutate and naturally select.
Please try to see beyond the end of your nose...

Likes pinball1970, phinds and Borg
hutchphd said:
And they can also pass it along to more vulnerable people who may be immunocompromised. And they can provide the system within which the virus can mutate and naturally select.
Please try to see beyond the end of your nose...

I've explained this to people using a water analogy. If you're vaccinated you're like a small puddle of water where the virus can mutate. If not, you're the equivalent of Hudson Bay.

Obviously not to scale. :oldtongue:

Likes pinball1970 and hutchphd
You are not alone.🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

My wife and I had our booster (third) doses of the Moderna vaccine two days ago, Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday, my side effects compared to the second dose in March were stronger in some ways (aches, chills and general "lousiness") but weaker in others (no fever or headache). Now, Friday evening, they're mostly gone.

My wife was affected more strongly than I, but less than her second dose.

• Informative
Likes Tom.G and chwala
morrobay said:
Ok my posts have a narrow scope. And from the perspective of healthy twenty year olds decisions. https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2205627/conscript-dies-day-after-second-vaccine-shot
Vaccine programs work on populations not individuals. With something like this, a novel virus with previously unknown pathology there is absolutely no reason to avoid vaccination if that age group has been given the ok.
I think the only real sticking point in the UK was 12-15 year age group. The Vaccine advisory body JCVI advised against and the government decided to go ahead but it was not clear cut. Very Marginal benefits verses marginal risk from the Vaccine. Cases were approaching 50,000 per day at the time and these were (and still are ) translating to deaths.
The kids are not dying they are visiting Nana who will die because she is 83.
We hit a high of 263 deaths in a day this week which would give us 96000 deaths in a year. Edit. Yes @PeroK I've changed my mind.

Last edited:
Likes Laroxe and BillTre
Laroxe said:
Well the vaccine's used were both using killed virus, the traditional approach to many vaccines in the past, it is considered rather less effective than the vaccines using newer technology. Vaccination of course doesn't prevent the day to day risks of adverse health events and in the sad case of the young woman, it seems unlikely that a systematic infection would be related to the vaccine. The mother might blame the vaccine, but unfortunately people do die, even young people and in this case if the diagnosis is right there doesn't seem to be any direct association.

The association for the young man does seem stronger and warrants further investigation. I know that in Thailand around 7.9 million vaccinations have been given with around 24.6 per 100,000 reporting significant side effects, there were also 103 deaths. (1.3 per 100,000). So far, investigations into 43 of these cases have been finished, none were considered to be vaccine related. Overall the rates seem at least comparable to the other vaccines available, the main concern with these vaccines appears to be their lower effectiveness.

It seems that most of the stories and the information is sourced from newspapers without their sources identified and it is true that the data we have on the adverse events to the Chinese vaccines is more limited. However serious illness and deaths remains rare following the vaccine, it looks as if the risks from contracting the disease are around 1000 times greater.

It is true that younger people are less likely to experience a serious illness from Covid-19 and the balance of risks has been the subject of some debate when it comes to vaccinating children. However in the current wave of infections in the west the age demographics of infection appears to have changed with the main drivers of infection being in the 20 – 49 age groups, they tend to be less ill than older people and so maintain their social contacts. Younger children when returning to school, because of their social behaviour can potentially become drivers of infection.
There is one and only one type of source anyone should be trusting or posting here, IMHO: peer reviewed scientific publications.

• Skeptical
Likes artis
morrobay said:
Ok my posts have a narrow scope. And from the perspective of healthy twenty year olds decisions.
You left out the word "selfish" in front of healthy.

Likes pinball1970, BillTre and hutchphd
Grasshopper said:
There is one and only one type of source anyone should be trusting or posting here, IMHO: peer reviewed scientific publications.
Not all information is available in such a form and not everything labelled as scientific is trustworthy. We all. and this includes researchers, have to have a starting point perhaps in theory or in observation, maybe of single events, but we then must be able to think critically about the issue. Simply repeating what is said in research would be very boring, we learn from discussing evidence, it allows us to use the expertise of everyone involved. Having said that, the principle you restate is a good one, these publications have at least some sort of review of quality of the information it contains and the articles are written in a way that should help in a critical review.

The management of Covid-19 is embedded in science, but, as yet we can't claim to have many definitive answers. The actions taken by individuals or governments are often based on the selective information of sources with clear biases. There are then moral, ethical, social and economic issues to consider, exactly the same issues that scientists have to take into account in the methods they use and in their conclusions, we ignore this at our peril. I think discussing giving the vaccine to young people, who are unlikely to directly benefit and when the balance of risk/benefit assessments offers less support, has been discussed in the media and is useful. It's become even more relevant as vaccine mandates are being introduced across the world, the issue is ultimately an ethical one and the science uncertain, but, we can't have scientists campaigning for more evidence based government and then dodging difficult issues.

• Love
Likes russ_watters, pinball1970, Tom.G and 3 others
Laroxe said:
Not all information is available in such a form and not everything labelled as scientific is trustworthy. We all. and this includes researchers, have to have a starting point perhaps in theory or in observation, maybe of single events, but we then must be able to think critically about the issue. Simply repeating what is said in research would be very boring, we learn from discussing evidence, it allows us to use the expertise of everyone involved. Having said that, the principle you restate is a good one, these publications have at least some sort of review of quality of the information it contains and the articles are written in a way that should help in a critical review.

The management of Covid-19 is embedded in science, but, as yet we can't claim to have many definitive answers. The actions taken by individuals or governments are often based on the selective information of sources with clear biases. There are then moral, ethical, social and economic issues to consider, exactly the same issues that scientists have to take into account in the methods they use and in their conclusions, we ignore this at our peril. I think discussing giving the vaccine to young people, who are unlikely to directly benefit and when the balance of risk/benefit assessments offers less support, has been discussed in the media and is useful. It's become even more relevant as vaccine mandates are being introduced across the world, the issue is ultimately an ethical one and the science uncertain, but, we can't have scientists campaigning for more evidence based government and then dodging difficult issues.
Perhaps, but look at the world we live in today. What was fringe fifteen years ago is now proudly shared online, and millions get their minds infected with things like flat Earth stupidity, QAnon stupidity, and on and on. We used to laugh at conspiracy theorists. Now they are making public policy.

This is a problem. I would argue possibly the biggest existential threat to our species outside of war, natural disasters and climate change. People who think Facebook is trustworthy but New England Journal of Medicine isn’t are making the laws.

So yeah, anecdotal evidence and random online information has is place. But I am exceedingly skeptical of it on account of the fact that maybe up to a third of the people in my country believe people in the party with political views differing from their own worship Satan and literally eat children.

Likes russ_watters, Tom.G, phinds and 1 other person
morrobay said:
Ok my posts have a narrow scope. And from the perspective of healthy twenty year olds decisions.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2205627/conscript-dies-day-after-second-vaccine-shot
If our hypothetical 20 year old is primed for vaccine hesitancy, isn't scientifically minded and can be sent over the edge by facebook-style sensational anecdotes, then these articles might speak to him/er. But we should be fighting against that here, not promoting it. On PF we demand a higher quality of discussion and I hope PF members take the higher quality discourse out into the world and spread/apply it.

The statistics for major vaccine reactions are public knowledge and the statistics for COVID deaths by age are public knowledge. Find them! Compare them!

*Caveat: these particular links are from Bangkok and the first was regarding a Chinese vaccine, which doesn't have published data as far as I'm aware. But it may be possible to compare ones using the same technology.

Likes Astronuc and Laroxe
Grasshopper said:
Perhaps, but look at the world we live in today. What was fringe fifteen years ago is now proudly shared online, and millions get their minds infected with things like flat Earth stupidity, QAnon stupidity, and on and on. We used to laugh at conspiracy theorists. Now they are making public policy.

This is a problem. I would argue possibly the biggest existential threat to our species outside of war, natural disasters and climate change. People who think Facebook is trustworthy but New England Journal of Medicine isn’t are making the laws.

So yeah, anecdotal evidence and random online information has is place. But I am exceedingly skeptical of it on account of the fact that maybe up to a third of the people in my country believe people in the party with political views differing from their own worship Satan and literally eat children.
There is no doubt that there is a serious issue about the public confidence in the products of science and in the ancient war between belief and evidence, people make choices for all sorts of reasons.

However, in the issue of vaccinations we do have a great deal of evidence from both science and experience, but in the issue of vaccination of young people there are some perfectly valid concerns, concerns that arise from the risk assessment based on evidence. I've linked to the advice given to the UK government, which, if nothing else, shows the thinking about age and risk and many would consider the people at 20 of very low personal risk. The main concern is in the use of medical interventions for the benefit of others rather than the recipient, you might notice that in the USA the recommendations are different.

While personally, I see no real problem in vaccinating younger people, something, that in fact, is justified in the advice relating to the social behaviour of adolescents. I do see problems in labelling all concerns as stupid because they are different from our own, we should at least find out the basis for those concerns.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...children-aged-12-to-15-years-3-september-2021

Likes pinball1970 and BillTre
By the way, roughly 6 months ago I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and on Saturday (two days ago at time of writing) I got the Moderna booster, and this morning I got a flu vaccine. I got them in different arms and unsurprisingly my reaction to the flu vaccine was more mild compared to the booster and even more mild compared to the vaccine itself. In all 3 cases I had soreness, fatigue and my shoulders hurt especially in my arm pits.

• Informative
Likes hutchphd and Tom.G
I had the J&J about six months ago and it gave me what felt like a slight overnight fever (I woke up but I didn't get out of bed to measure it). No fever in the morning, but I felt fatigued with some mild body aches the next day and I had a very tender arm at the injection site for roughly a week.

Yesterday I got my booster (I opted for the J&J again). No side effects after 24 hours except a very slightly sore arm (an order of magnitude less sore than the first time).

Likes Tom.G
brainpushups said:
I had the J&J about six months ago and it gave me what felt like a slight overnight fever (I woke up but I didn't get out of bed to measure it). No fever in the morning, but I felt fatigued with some mild body aches the next day and I had a very tender arm at the injection site for roughly a week. Yesterday I got my booster (I opted for the J&J again). No side effects after 24 hours except a very slightly sore arm (an order of magnitude less sore than the first time).

@Tom.G I assume you intended to do something more here than simply quote the entirety of the previous post, but nothing else came through.

• Sad
Likes Tom.G
@Tom.G said issue was due to an ancient browser, he switched browsers and access is much better.

This has also been added to the OP to make that a complete history.

After 8 months, I got my Moderna Booster shot 4 days ago... Overall, a 'Piece of Cake!' Here are the details:
Hour
0 - Received the Moderna Booster, barely felt the needle and injection
24 - Slept 10 hrs., afternoon nap 1.5 hrs., mild low energy & brain fog, mild - moderate discomfort around injection site
48 - Slept 6 hrs., heart arrythemia, pulse varies between 59-72 within minutes, normal 63, self-corrects after several hours.. Bed 1hr early
72 - Slept 11.5 hrs., 8.5 hrs. is normal, otherwise I feel OK, arm soreness almost gone

Much better than after that second shot!

Cheers,
Tom

Likes atyy, Astronuc and pinball1970