Rearrange formula to show a linear relationship between Frequency and Volume

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
37 replies · 5K views
Chestermiller said:
please provide the f vs V data, and I will show you what I mean. Plus, I have already answered these questions in a previous post.
V= 0,000295m^3 f=172Hz
V= 0,000245m^3. f=188Hz
V=0,000195m^3 f=211Hz
V= 0,000145m^3 f=245Hz
V=0,000095m^3 f= 303 Hz
V=0,000045m^3 f= 440Hz
 
Physics news on Phys.org
qq194 said:
V= 0,000295m^3 f=172Hz
V= 0,000245m^3. f=188Hz
V=0,000195m^3 f=211Hz
V= 0,000145m^3 f=245Hz
V=0,000095m^3 f= 303 Hz
V=0,000045m^3 f= 440Hz
1692448410720.png
 
Chestermiller said:
now it works, thank you , with me the graph looked like a straight line, only my associated function equation y=mx+b was not as perfect as yours. Many thanks, what program did you use?
 
qq194 said:
now it works, thank you , with me the graph looked like a straight line, only my associated function equation y=mx+b was not as perfect as yours. Many thanks, what program did you use?
Kaleidagraph
 
kuruman said:
"f" is frequency "V" is some kind of volume and ##c_s## is the speed of sound. By dimensional analysis, ##A## and ##L## are, respectively, some kind of area and length. I know all this because initially OP attached a pdf which was since deleted. There was no information on the physical situation in the pdf.
thanks for your help!
 
Chestermiller said:
so that's the last question, how can I determine cs from this function equation between f and v now?because $$ y=kx^n $$
that describes only f and V in the diagram, can I determine cs with the help of these straight lines?
 
qq194 said:
so that's the last question, how can I determine cs from this function equation between f and v now?because $$ y=kx^n $$
that describes only f and V in the diagram, can I determine cs with the help of these straight lines?
$$k=\frac{c_s}{2\pi}\sqrt{A/L}$$