• Thread starter mbrmbrg
  • Start date
What is a registered user?

Evo

Mentor
:redface: I thought that would happen.
What does it mean if a username is in black, not bold, and on the public profile page, underneath the username it says "registered user"

Evo

Mentor
:redface: I thought that would happen.
What does it mean if a username is in black, not bold, and on the public profile page, underneath the username it says "registered user"
You mean where their name looks a little grayed out? That is a member that has not completed the registration process, usually, they have not done the confirmation steps given to them in their confirmation e-mail.

Lisa!

Gold Member
Not sure but I guess those who'va disabled recieving PMs from others also look like that!

Thanks!
(10char)

speaking of 10char...
Why is the minimum numbers of characters allowed in a post 10?

Evo

Mentor
speaking of 10char...
It is to prevent short responses. Sometimes a short response is all that's necessary. I keep asking to get rid of it. :grumpy:

Yeah, I keep getting nabbed for messages like Thanks! and : rofl :
You can add me to your list of Voters Against Character Discrimination :rolleyes:

Evo

Mentor
Yeah, I keep getting nabbed for messages like Thanks! and : rofl :
You can add me to your list of Voters Against Character Discrimination :rolleyes:
Maybe I should start a poll. :biggrin:

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Personally I think they should raise it to 1000 characters to make posts meaningful like this one :tongue:

arildno

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
speaking of 10char...
We make up a dignified forum that wishes to uphold the highest standards of abuse as well:

A minimum of 3 four-letter words must be used in any insult you wish to make here.

Since 3*4=12, the minimum number is 10, due allowance given for forgetting a couple of letters in the heat of the moment.

G01

Homework Helper
Gold Member
We make up a dignified forum that wishes to uphold the highest standards of abuse as well:

A minimum of 3 four-letter words must be used in any insult you wish to make here.

Since 3*4=12, the minimum number is 10, due allowance given for forgetting a couple of letters in the heat of the moment.
:rofl::rofl:

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
It is to prevent short responses. Sometimes a short response is all that's necessary. I keep asking to get rid of it. :grumpy:
I think the forum should automatically add LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO! to the end of every post that is too short.

I'm sorry LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO!

Lisa!

Gold Member
I think the forum should automatically add LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO! to the end of every post that is too short.
No, please! Heavns knows that how much I hate it when people use LOL in every post of them with no reason! It's better to add some !!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Lisa! is always pushing the use of !!!!!s. I think someone in her family invented the ! and she gets some kind of royalty everytime it's used. We're all going to get bills in the mail one day.

We're all going to get bills in the mail one day.
What!!!!!!

EDIT: Oops!!!

EDIT2: $#(*#%*&^@#$

Lisa!

Gold Member
Lisa! is always pushing the use of !!!!!s. I think someone in her family invented the ! and she gets some kind of royalty everytime it's used. We're all going to get bills in the mail one day.
hmmm...lemme see 7 ! in your post! How much should you pay? Well I should ask!

P.S. If you hadn't revealed that secret, you wouldn't have to pay anything!:devil:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm guessing I am in for some major "sticker shock".:eek:

Danger

Gold Member
:tongue:..