Rejected Thread Reminds Us of a Classic Sketch: Enjoy it!

In summary, the conversation discusses a rejected thread and the speaker is reminded of a famous sketch. The sketch reminds the speaker of a place they used to work and a similar situation they had with a different approach. The speaker expresses frustration with solutions offered by others who do not understand the problem and how their own solution is often dismissed. The conversation ends on a humorous note, with the idea of looking at public discourse through the lens of comedy.
In looking at a thread that was rejected because, well, it was rubbish, it reminded me of a famous sketch:

If you haven't seen it before, enjoy it.

Thanks
Bill

• Haha
  • Love
Likes Astronuc, pinball1970, OmCheeto and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
bhobba said:
... it reminded me ...
It reminded me of a place I use to work.

Last edited:
Likes pinball1970 and bhobba
dlgoff said:

It's surprising how many say that.

Thanks
Bill

Likes pinball1970 and dlgoff
dlgoff said:
It reminds of a place I do work. I had a TEAMS like this yesterday. I have a different approach to Anderson.
I simply ignore the idiotic suggestions, made my points then summarised MY points back after the meeting like they were not there.

I am still raging about it.

The most frustrating part illustrated by this video?

A problem only you and one of the other techs really understand.
Solutions offered by people who do not understand the problem.
Solutions framed in such a way the terminology and sentences themselves do not make sense.
Your solution, the only viable one, is immediately pounced because of peripheral consequences.
After 20 minutes it becomes clear other solutions offered make no sense whatsoever so individuals reframe my solution as their solution and STILL get key details wrong!

Rant over, breathe and relax.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Informative
Likes OmCheeto, Astronuc, BillTre and 2 others
:oldlaugh:

• Haha
Likes OmCheeto and bhobba
pinball1970 said:
Rant over, breathe and relax.

While presented here merely as humour, it is interesting to look at much of the public discourse through that lens.

Thanks
Bill

1. What is the "Rejected Thread" sketch?

The "Rejected Thread" sketch is a popular comedy sketch created by animator Don Hertzfeldt. It features a stick figure character named "Thread" who is constantly being rejected by the other characters in the sketch.

2. Why is the "Rejected Thread" sketch considered a classic?

The "Rejected Thread" sketch is considered a classic because of its clever and relatable humor, unique animation style, and memorable characters. It has also been referenced and parodied in various forms of media, further solidifying its status as a classic.

3. What is the connection between the "Rejected Thread" sketch and the thread that reminded us of it?

The connection between the "Rejected Thread" sketch and the thread that reminded us of it is simply the word "thread". The thread in the sketch refers to the stick figure character, while the thread in the reminder refers to a discussion thread on an online forum.

4. Can you provide a link to watch the "Rejected Thread" sketch?

Yes, the "Rejected Thread" sketch can be found on various video streaming platforms, such as YouTube and Vimeo. Simply search for "Rejected Thread" and you should be able to find it easily.

5. Why is the "Rejected Thread" sketch still relevant today?

The "Rejected Thread" sketch is still relevant today because its themes of rejection and social awkwardness are universal and timeless. Additionally, its humor and animation style have stood the test of time and continue to entertain audiences of all ages.