Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relationship between m and c

1. Dec 4, 2015 #1
    Does anyone know the relationship between m, mass and c, the speed of light ? Can anyone draw the graph for me ? Thanks !

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2015 #2

Andrew Mason

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF Sunanda!!!

I am having difficulty understanding your question. c is constant for all frames of reference. Mass can be anything. What makes you think there is a relationship between them?

AM

4. Dec 5, 2015 #3
    Oh ! Sorry for the misleading question ! What i meant, is, C is only achievable when m = 0, and when m increases, how does it affects C ? Hope you can understand my question now. I'm bad at interpreting

5. Dec 5, 2015 #4
    Okay. I'm changing my question. I'm confused with C just now. What i actually meant is, the maximum speed achievable.
    E.g. , when m = 0 , highest v possible = C

6. Dec 5, 2015 #5

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

There's no relationship of the sort that you're looking for. Massless particles move at speed c always; massive particles can move at any speed between zero and c.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook