How Much Did Renaldo Sell to Earn $3,025 in a Month?

• MHB
  • Thread starter nycmathdad
  • Start date
In summary, Renaldo's total sales for the month were $5,000. This is calculated by dividing the difference between his earnings and salary by his commission rate of 0.105.
nycmathdad
Each month, Renaldo earns a commission of 10.5% of his total sales for the month, plus a salary of $2,500. If Renaldo earns $3,025 in a certain month, what were his total sales?

Let me see.

Renaldo's commission is 0.105 of his total sales.

I understand this to be 0.105x, where x = his total sales.

Plus a salary of 2,500 dollars.

So far, I have 0.105x + 2,500.

In a certain month, Renaldo earns 3,025 dollars.

I say the equation needed is as follows:

0.105x + 2,500 = 3,025

You say?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Beer soaked non sequitur ramblings follow.
nycmathdad said:
You say?
I say 'tis love that makes the world go round.

Yes, that is correct.

Now, solve the equation 0.105x + 2,500 = 3,025 for x.

Country Boy said:
Yes, that is correct.

Now, solve the equation 0.105x + 2,500 = 3,025 for x.

My concern is not so much solving for x as it is setting up the right equation.

The only reason I can think of for setting up an equation is to be able to solve for x!

Frankly, to answer the question originally asked, I wouldn't have set up an equation at all. I would have argued that since his fixed salary was \$2500 and he earned \$3025, the difference, \$3025- 2500= \$525, was commision. Since you get that commission by multiply his sales by 0.105, you can go from commission to sales by dividing \$525 by 0.105: 525/0.105= \$5000.00. He had sales of \$5000.

1. What is the current total sales for Renaldo's company?

The current total sales for Renaldo's company can vary depending on the time frame. It is best to contact the company directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

2. How has Renaldo's total sales changed over the past year?

The total sales for Renaldo's company can fluctuate over time due to various factors such as market conditions and company strategies. It is best to contact the company directly for specific information on their sales trends.

3. What products or services contribute the most to Renaldo's total sales?

The products or services that contribute the most to Renaldo's total sales can vary depending on the company's current offerings and market demand. It is best to contact the company directly for specific information on their top-selling products or services.

4. How does Renaldo's total sales compare to its competitors?

Comparing Renaldo's total sales to its competitors can be difficult as it depends on various factors such as industry, market conditions, and company strategies. It is best to research and analyze the specific industry and market to determine how Renaldo's company ranks among its competitors.

5. What are the projections for Renaldo's total sales in the future?

The projections for Renaldo's total sales in the future can vary depending on the company's goals and strategies. It is best to contact the company directly for information on their future plans and projections for sales growth.