Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, 6 YTBN Shot, Killed In Tuscon AZ

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter nismaratwork
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
801 replies · 101K views
mheslep said:
I see no such information on CNN or anywhere else. Can you please provide a link?

Link?:confused:? We old folks are watching TV! (you know that "strange box" in the dustiest corner of the livingroom)

;)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DevilsAvocado said:
Link?:confused:? We old folks are watching TV! (you know that "strange box" in the dustiest corner of the livingroom)

;)
Well I believe you or your source is mistaken.
 
mheslep said:
Well I believe you or your source is mistaken.

Well I believe you're in some hardcore denial. The man apparently ran directly up to the congresswoman and fired at her first. Unless you're telling me the Pima County Sheriff is mistaken.
 
mheslep said:
Nor unusual for politics.

Well, I can tell you one thing, if this "ad" was run in Norway (where arildno live) the career of that Norwegian politician would be over, for life, period. He/She would probably go thru a lawsuit for slander/insult/illegal threat, or something like that.

Therefore I can’t understand why our friend arildno pretends this is "okay"... because it isn’t.
 
Now CNN is showing YouTube clips. PF was faster...
 
mheslep said:
Well I believe you or your source is mistaken.
AZ shooting targets US congresswoman, kills 6

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

mheslp, where is your source saying different?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jack21222 said:
Well I believe you're in some hardcore denial. The man apparently ran directly up to the congresswoman and fired at her first. Unless you're telling me the Pima County Sheriff is mistaken.
There were 16 people shot, 6 of them dead including a child, the Congresswoman fortunately is still alive. I hadn't see the Sheriff's statement. Absent that statement, it's hardly denial to conclude the killer was simply an unfocused nut.
 
Evo said:
AZ shooting targets US congresswoman, kills 6

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

mheslp, where is your source saying different?


OMG! I was just thinking, what if he was targeting the congresswoman. :shy:
We have all had such a long day trying to understand why this would happen and even more perhaps realizing that our freedom in this free land is almost over.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
AZ shooting targets US congresswoman, kills 6

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

mheslp, where is your source saying different?
I was questioning the previously un-sourced conclusion that the congresswoman " was the target" given the random collection of injured in addition to the murdered federal judge. Now I see the sheriff believes she was.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And now CNN is showing the SARAHPAC.

sarahpac_0.jpg


Pengwuino, you should call them and tell them https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3072509&postcount=37"!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
mheslep said:
I was questioning the previously un-sourced conclusion that the congresswoman " was the target" given the random collection of injured in addition to the murdered federal judge. Now I see the sheriff believes she was.


Eyewitnesses have been saying since this first happened that he walked directly up to the congresswoman and fired at her first. I don't believe for a second that this is the first time you've heard any evidence stating that she was the target.
 
Pengwuino said:
They are. Anyone politicizing this is a moron. Anyone who thinks Sarah Palin caused this (as some people showing up on news reports are already claiming) is mentally disturbed themselves.

LOL! Well I must love you for your guts! One penguin against the whole world! And we are not talking OS! :D
 
She could have caused it, she may not have *intended* to cause it the woman's actual death, two different things. But this kid was apparently affected by things he read according to sources close to him. A friend called him a political radical.
 
DevilsAvocado said:
A terrible and horrible tragedy...

And serious guys – why all this ballistic talk...?? WTF is going on? This will keep me awake tonight:

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/08/congresswoman-gabrie.html"

sarahpac_0.jpg

Pengwuino said:
Honestly, can't you morons keep politics out of even something like this? The guy was a psychotic. He didn't need Sarah Palin to tell him to do this.

[PLAIN]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/yelrotflmao.gif[ATTACH=full]197014[/ATTACH]

100% proven Palin ordered the shooting .
The link is CLEAR
LOL.jpg
 
Attachments
  • yelrotflmao.gif
    yelrotflmao.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
AZ Congresswoman and Federal Judge Gunned Down Today

I am really surprised to see this hasn't made any headlines here, particularly as so many other firearms issues have over the years.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-rep-gabrielle-giffords-shot-in-head-at-town-hall-in-arizona/" .

Bottom line is that some insane nut went ballistic on one of our Congressmen (woman in her case), killing a federal judge, and several of her staff.

No one else has responded on this particular issue, so I'll simply lay it out on the line: I feel this is a case of both murder (x6, to date) and attempted murder (x the rest who were injured).

Where the case goes from here is not my concern. As a retired veteran of 20 years, however, and I think I speak for the vast majority of vets who continue to exercise our 2A right to keep and bear arms, had I been carrying in the perp's vicinity, they may have fired a shot or two before I would have fired in response.

When a country disarms their own law-abiding citizenry, they pull the plug on their own citizens being allowed to defend themselves. A smart, well-educated populace will recognize this for what it is, reject it, and say, "No thanks. We got it." so far as the interior defence is concerned.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
She could have caused it, she may not have *intended* to cause it the woman's actual death, two different things. But this kid was apparently affected by things he read according to sources close to him. A friend called him a political radical.

source? i thought i read that he said the guy was politically active but not a radical.

"caused" is a bit premature. the youtube vids are just so rambling, i think he might be a bit schizophrenic. one minute, he seems like your standard tea partier or libertarian, the next he's going on about BCE & ADE, mind control, grammar...
 
Proton Soup said:
source? i thought i read that he said the guy was politically active but not a radical.

"caused" is a bit premature. the youtube vids are just so rambling, i think he might be a bit schizophrenic. one minute, he seems like your standard tea partier or libertarian, the next he's going on about BCE & ADE, mind control, grammar...

[PLAIN]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/yelrotflmao.gif ...a bit

One is either schizo or not. [PLAIN]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/yelrotflmao.gif

XD I am laughing not much today.:rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
She could have caused it, she may not have *intended* to cause it the woman's actual death, two different things. But this kid was apparently affected by things he read according to sources close to him. A friend called him a political radical.

I’m absolutely on your line. These gentlemen think that SP had to handover a written order personally to THE NUTCASE.

I find it very amusing how someone, at this stage, can be totally stubborn convinced on what has happen, so stubborn that he calls others who are speculating on possible causes and what might happened "mentally disturbed morons".

That IS funny! (in this tragic moment...)

Listen to Sheriff Clarence Dupnik for god’s sake.
 
Evo said:
She could have caused it, she may not have *intended* to cause it the woman's actual death, two different things. But this kid was apparently affected by things he read according to sources close to him. A friend called him a political radical.

I'd put my money on the fact that he lived there and probably had never even seen that ad. I mean come on, he snapped and he went after the closest target. If he had actually done any serious traveling to carry out this act, I would give such an idea consideration.
 
╔(σ_σ)╝ said:
[PLAIN]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/yelrotflmao.gif ...a bit

One is either schizo or not. [PLAIN]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nfandom/yelrotflmao.gif

XD I am laughing not much today.:rolleyes:

well, I'm not sure he's "neighbor's dog barking orders to him" schizo. oddly enough, the local sheriff says he http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shooting/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I live just two miles from the scene of the crime. My son has an office just across the street.

During the recent election Giffords was on both Palins list and the Tea Party list. A guy named Jesse Kelly showed up out of Montana just in time to become an AZ citizen.

The republican party had overwhelmingly supported a highly qualified candidate named Jonathan Paton. Payton was beaten in the primary By Kelly.

Kelly was a known Libertarian with virtually no qualifications. (1st year college drop out). Somehow he got the Tea Party support.

At one of Gifford's small rallies a Tea Party hack accidentally dropped his handgun on the floor. Some people thought it was a deliberate attempt at intimidation. More recently the windows were broken out of her local office.

A local hate radio jock kept up the rant.

Kelly's campaign was well funded without of town money. The attack ads against Giffords were relentless and filthy.

The election was close it took a week to count the votes, but Giffords prevailed. The hatred and anger was very prevalent.

The weapon used was a (Glock?) hand gun purchased legaly at the local Sportsman's Warehouse in November. There has been an extended clip mentioned by law enforcement. The clip still had shells left in it when Loughner was tackled by two very brave people.

19 shots had been fired. I say Glock because Loughner had posted a picture of a Glock 17 on Myspace.

Our local Sheriff is outraged as many of us are. He has known Giffords since she was a young girl. He puts the blame on hate radio and 24 hour television rants.
 
edward said:
Our local Sheriff is outraged as many of us are. He has known Giffords since she was a young girl. He puts the blame on hate radio and 24 hour television rants.

Thanks Edward, very interesting thoughts from a man who’s apparently (as a change) knows what he’s talking about.

Is that Sheriff Clarence Dupnik?
 
DevilsAvocado said:
Thanks Edward, very interesting thoughts from a man who’s apparently (as a change) knows what he’s talking about.

Is that Sheriff Clarence Dupnik?

Yes it is. It is about time for him to retire.:wink: