Request for quality website/information to use for algebra review

In summary, the conversation discusses a person's desire to review algebra skills before diving into a calculus textbook. They are looking for resources that will quickly remind them of concepts they have forgotten. Suggestions are given, including using Khan Academy and a website called "BeScientist", as well as using a book called "Forgotten Algebra" to refresh old skills.
PairofDimes
I'm currently an autodidactic mathematician/physicist and before I dive into my rusty calculus textbook to review I first want to be sure that I've filled in any holes in my algebra skills.

I don't want to waste my time digging through entire algebra textbooks when I already understand the concepts quite well, I just want to go "Oh, I forgot how to do that!" and then look up the relevant information. Almost everything on Google for general review are things for textbooks I don't have or high school classes I'm not in.

Anybody have anything to share?

Thanks!

-PairofDimes

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hey, don't forget to check

http://www.bescientist.info

There are numerous tutorials on various topics of math including algebra, including physics, chemistry

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a copy of "Forgotten Algebra" from a library and do every problem in the book as fast as you can go. Doing that all over again will sometimes help even more.

The only objection about that book I ever received was one student saying she wished there was a "Forgotten Advanced Algebra" book.

Then you can repeat the process with "Forgotten Calculus."

Both those books will do wonders bringing old brain cells back on line. They are not intended to teach the subject to someone who never knew the material.

Used copies can be had, including shipping, for less than $5

I understand the importance of having access to reliable and high-quality resources for academic pursuits. In terms of algebra review, I would recommend checking out Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). They have a wide range of video tutorials and practice exercises on algebra concepts, from basic to advanced levels. Additionally, they offer personalized learning paths and progress tracking, which can be helpful for self-directed learners like yourself. Another great resource is MathisFun (www.mathisfun.com/algebra/index.html), which also provides clear explanations and interactive practice problems for algebra topics. Both of these websites are free to use and have been highly praised for their quality content. I hope you find them useful in filling any gaps in your algebra skills. Best of luck in your studies!

1. What is the best website for reviewing algebra?

The best website for reviewing algebra will depend on your specific needs and learning style. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MathisFun, and Purplemath.

2. Are there any websites specifically designed for algebra review?

Yes, there are several websites that are specifically designed for algebra review. Some examples include Algebrahelp, IXL Algebra, and Mathway.

3. Can I trust the information on algebra review websites?

In general, yes. However, it is always important to critically evaluate the information and sources provided on any website. Look for websites that are run by reputable organizations or individuals with expertise in mathematics.

4. Are there any free websites for algebra review?

Yes, there are many free websites for algebra review. Some of the popular options include Khan Academy, MathisFun, and Algebrahelp. However, some websites may also offer premium features for a fee.

5. Are there any interactive websites for algebra review?

Yes, there are several interactive websites for algebra review. These websites often include practice problems, quizzes, and games to engage learners and make the review process more enjoyable.