Resolve Reports: How to Find Out What They're Regarding

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the person received an alert informing them that their report on a misplaced homework thread titled "Question of gravitation... Do see to it..." has been resolved. They were initially confused about the message but were later informed that the offending thread had been deleted. They also received an alert from one of the mentors confirming that the issue has been addressed. This feature has recently been implemented and the person appreciates it.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I've just received a notice in my alerts that a recent report of mine has been resolved. I can see a summary of the notice, but not enough information to know what it is regarding, or what the full message is.

Below is what I see, but there's no link or further information. How do I find out what this is about?

This happens each time I get some feedback from admin.

https://www.physicsforums.com/account/alerts
  1. avatar_s.png

Your recent report has been resolved: Post in thread 'Question of Gravitatation... Do see to it ..' - resolved
    Today at 11:53 AM

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no further information. What information do you require? The post you reported titled 'Question of Gravitatation... Do see to it ..' has been resolved.

You reported a misplaced homework thread, the title of which was "Question of gravitation... Do see to it..." and one of the mentors (Greg, in this case) closed the report by removing the offending thread. That message was your notification that we noticed the report and did something about it; we don't generally add a note saying that we resolved the report by deletion because you can see for yourself that the thread has gone away.

Likes gracy
OK, I see. It was unclear to me what the message was. I guess the ... Do see to it .. part threw me.
you can see for yourself that the thread has gone away
Well, only if I manually go searching for a thread with that title and it comes up empty.

Anyway, no problem. I thought something was broken or at least missing from the feature.

Sending an alert to the person who made the report is something that many of us mentors are trying to get in the habit of doing now. The idea is to "close the loop" for people like yourself who report a post, to indicate that something has actually been done regarding your report.

Likes cristo
Mark44 said:
Sending an alert to the person who made the report is something that many of us mentors are trying to get in the habit of doing now. The idea is to "close the loop" for people like yourself who report a post, to indicate that something has actually been done regarding your report.
That's now working ( over the last week or 2) and its appreciated ... Thankyou :)

Related to Resolve Reports: How to Find Out What They're Regarding

1. What is a Resolve Report?

A Resolve Report is a document that is generated when a problem or issue is reported to a company or organization. It contains information about the reported issue, as well as any actions taken to resolve it.

2. How can I find out what a Resolve Report is regarding?

The best way to find out what a Resolve Report is regarding is to contact the company or organization where the report was filed. They will be able to provide you with more information about the issue and its resolution.

3. Can I access Resolve Reports online?

It depends on the company or organization. Some may have an online database or system where Resolve Reports can be viewed, while others may only provide access upon request. Contact the company or organization for more information.

4. How can I use Resolve Reports for research purposes?

Resolve Reports can be a valuable source of information for research purposes, as they contain details about real-life issues and their resolutions. You can contact the company or organization to request access to their Resolve Reports or search for them online, if available.

5. Are Resolve Reports confidential?

Resolve Reports may contain sensitive information, so companies and organizations typically have measures in place to protect the confidentiality of the reports. However, the level of confidentiality may vary depending on the company or organization. It's best to contact them directly for more information.