Help Rocket Balloon with Gravity - 65 Characters

In summary, to complete the project of getting a balloon to go across the room and back with limited supplies, you can use rubber bands, paper clips, and tape to attach the balloon to the guide wire and create a sliding mechanism. This utilizes gravity to bring the balloon back to its starting point without altering the guide wire's position.
yeyspaz
Rocket balloon with gravitaion?

Our teacher just gave us a priject to complete and i cannot figure it out. first of all we have limited supplies. we can use 5 ballons, 6 straws, 10 paperclips, 5 rubberbands, a whole roll of masking tape, scissors and a guide wire that cannot be altered. Our goal is to get the a balloon to go across the room one way and back. Our limitations are we can only use the supllies given to us, we cannot intervene with the contraption after setting it up, and the guide wire cannot be altered from its position, which is parrallel to the floor. i have already gooten acroos one way but i can't find a way to bring it back. My teacher hinted it had somthing tod o with gravity, but i can't figured it out. I've spent a couple hours dor two days on this and can't come up with the solution. I have to turn in my design by tommorow AND i have to show that my experiment works, i only get 2 trails. Any ideas PLEASE :eek:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
One possible solution is to use the rubber bands to attach the balloon to the guide wire. Then, you can use the paper clips to attach the other end of the rubber bands to a straw. You can then attach the straw to the balloon, so that when the balloon is released, it slides along the guide wire and back to its original starting point. You can also use the tape to secure the straw and the balloon to the guide wire, so that they don't move while the balloon is in motion.

As a scientist, my suggestion would be to try using the rubber bands and paperclips to create a pulley system. This will allow you to control the movement of the balloon and potentially bring it back to its starting point. Additionally, you could try adjusting the amount of air in the balloon to see how it affects its movement. Remember to document your experiments and make observations to support your design. Good luck!

Related to Help Rocket Balloon with Gravity - 65 Characters

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Rocket Balloon with Gravity - 65 Characters" experiment?

The purpose of this experiment is to demonstrate the effects of gravity on a rocket balloon, and to explore how different factors such as air resistance and weight can impact its movement.

2. How does the "Help Rocket Balloon with Gravity - 65 Characters" experiment work?

The experiment involves launching a rocket balloon into the air and observing its movement as it is affected by gravity. The balloon is filled with air, creating a lighter-than-air object that will rise when released. As the balloon rises, it will experience the force of gravity pulling it back towards the ground, causing it to eventually fall back down.

3. What materials are needed for the "Help Rocket Balloon with Gravity - 65 Characters" experiment?

To conduct this experiment, you will need a rocket balloon, a helium tank or air pump, a string or ribbon, and a wide open space to launch the balloon.

4. What are some variations of the "Help Rocket Balloon with Gravity - 65 Characters" experiment?

There are several variations of this experiment that can be explored. You can change the amount of air in the balloon, the length of the string, or the angle at which the balloon is launched to see how these factors affect its movement.

5. What scientific concepts can be learned from the "Help Rocket Balloon with Gravity - 65 Characters" experiment?

This experiment can help to demonstrate Newton's laws of motion, as well as the concepts of air resistance, weight, and gravity. It can also be used to explore the principles of buoyancy and how they apply to objects in the air.