Rotation and effective gravity on Earth

In summary, rotation and effective gravity play crucial roles in shaping Earth's physical characteristics and supporting life. The Earth's rotation on its axis creates a centrifugal force that slightly counteracts the pull of gravity, resulting in a slightly flattened shape and a decrease in effective gravity at the equator. This rotation also causes the Coriolis effect, which influences wind patterns and ocean currents. Additionally, the Earth's rotation and its tilted axis contribute to the seasons and the length of day and night. Overall, the combination of rotation and effective gravity on Earth is vital for maintaining the planet's habitable conditions.
rzyn
How did you find PF?
Just heard of it a while back.
I'm interested in calculating effective gravity for a point-mass in a spinning gyro or swinging pendulum bob on a rotating planet undergoing any translational velocities and/or accelerations.

I want to investigate the theoretical effects of high-energy mechanical oscillation on orbital trajectory.

Still further I want to map out the underground pressures that have developed not only from true downward gravity but also as the force vector in the true horizontal plane (as distinguished from the ground plane) built up pressure while undergoing Coriolis effects. If such "rotational pressures" were released, how would the mantle move, where would be the centers of rotation, and along which lines would land areas slip past each other?

I want to know what happens if pressures in the Earth are released at disproportionate rates across the surface, specifically as during solar eclipse, or as land cools from day to night.

Finally, I would like to know how changing elastic pressures in the Earth might finally effect velocity of objects on the surface, and how the pressure would get transferred up. Could the low velocities of ground movent leverage into high velocity on small objects through a sort of elastic bounce?

American currently residing in the Philippines, 7°N or so.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We welcome curious minds.

Look at our many sub forums. Find the appropriate one and post your questions. One question per thread works best. Please be specific enough in the question for people to understand the context.

We don't deal with questions or answers in the New Member Introduction forum.