Runge-Kutta or Runge-Kutter?

• Thread starter Choppy
  • Start date
Choppy
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I'm familiar with the Runge-Kutta methods for solving ODEs, but recently I've come across a reference to "Runge-Kutter", in which it appears to be used synonamously (unfortunately it's just a reference, the method is not stated explicitly). Is this a common typo, or is there a seperate Runge Kutter method?

Thanks for any help.

Answers and Replies

D H
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Typo. You can also find references on Runga Kutta methods, Runga Kutter methods, Runge Cutter methods. Engineers can be idiots.

Typo. You can also find references on Runga Kutta methods, Runga Kutter methods, Runge Cutter methods. Engineers can be idiots.
Only to be surpassed by Homework Helpers who can't keep foot from mouth.

HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Depends on whether you are from Boston! I had a professor for Calculus I who always referred to "delter" and "epserlon".

Depends on whether you are from Boston! I had a professor for Calculus I who always referred to "delter" and "epserlon".
My favories are "os-kil-a-tion" (for oscillation) from a calc prof and and "hoe sh*t" (whole sheet) from a Chinese physics prof. I lost a week or two figuring that one out.

My favories are "os-kil-a-tion" (for oscillation) from a calc prof and and "hoe sh*t" (whole sheet) from a Chinese physics prof. I lost a week or two figuring that one out.
Are you sure the first prof wasn't saying "os-kul-a-tion"? That means a kiss, as in when one curve intersects another at just a single point.