RUnning Solidworks2009 on Windows 7?

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of running Solidworks 2009 on Windows 7. The person is unable to reinstall the program and wonders if anyone else has experienced similar problems. They are advised to try running the installer in Windows XP compatibility mode and with administrative privileges. It is also suggested to check the Solidworks support forums for further assistance.
Mech King
Is anyone running Soliodworks 2009 on windows 7?

I can't reinstall mine after i put windows 7 on, it just stops the installation batr and tells me to try again another time. Ihave never paid maintenance on my lisence, so will have to sort it myself.

Anyone experienced problems?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you tried running the installer in Windows XP compatibility mode? Also, make sure you run the installer with administrative privileges. That should sort out your issue.

EDIT- You might also check the Solidworks support forums, some other people might be having your problem. I'm pretty sure running the program as an administrator in XP compatibility mode will fix it though.

Ok cheers, i will give it a whirl

So it occurs to me that SolidWorks 2009 is designed to be able to run on Windows Vista, which means running the installer in XP compatability mode is probably not necessary. My guess is you were running the installer with limited privelages, and it failed when it tried to write to the registry or something. By running the installer as an admin (Right click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator") you should fix your problem.

Thanks Mech Engineer, i didnbt have any joy with the XP mode, but will try the Admin thing tonight and let you know.

Thanks again

1. Can Solidworks2009 be installed and run on Windows 7?

Yes, Solidworks2009 can be installed and run on Windows 7. However, it is important to ensure that your computer meets the system requirements for both Solidworks2009 and Windows 7.

2. Are there any compatibility issues between Solidworks2009 and Windows 7?

There may be some compatibility issues between Solidworks2009 and Windows 7, as the software was not specifically designed for this operating system. It is recommended to check with the manufacturer for any known issues and to make sure you have the latest updates and service packs installed.

3. Will running Solidworks2009 on Windows 7 affect the performance of the software?

This may vary depending on your computer's specifications and the complexity of your Solidworks projects. Generally, running Solidworks2009 on Windows 7 should not significantly affect the performance of the software.

4. Is there a specific method for installing Solidworks2009 on Windows 7?

There is no specific method for installing Solidworks2009 on Windows 7. Simply follow the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer and make sure to choose the correct operating system version when prompted.

5. Can I upgrade to a newer version of Solidworks while running it on Windows 7?

While it is possible to upgrade to a newer version of Solidworks while running it on Windows 7, it is recommended to upgrade your operating system to a more recent version that is fully supported by the newer version of Solidworks. This will ensure optimal performance and compatibility.