Will things ever improve in my late twenties? Will I find love and happiness?

• Thread starter nucleargirl
  • Start date
In summary, the person feels alone, angry, and frustrated with life. They feel like they are not able to connect with people and they don't want to be understood.
nucleargirl
I'm just like the scene in Clueless/Bridget Jones... all by my self... don't want to be... all by my self... anymore!
everything sucks in one's late twenties!
late teens vs late twenties is like a bathfull of pie vs a hole in the ground... that leads to a pit of slime filled with floating blubbers and rocks. I know which I'd rather dive into!

oh woe...! woe is me!

What I mean is... does it get better?

will I ever find a boyfriend? Why have I not already? why!

will I ever be happy!

:((((((

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You seem festive today!

Why have you not found a boyfriend? Easy.

You're not up to date guys as attractive as you. You want people more attractive, and those people want people even more attractive. Settle for the same level and you'll find several.

That's a bit harsh DataGG. Besides, it shouldn't be about looks. If you try to find a relationship based only around looks then its bound to fail. I thought I'd never find a boyfriend but currently have one - we didn't only go out because of our looks or the fact "We were the same league". We went out due to him studying Robotics and AI and me doing Theoretical Physics.

It will get better.

And nothing wrong with Bridget Jones.

It will get better, but not on its own, sorry about that. Newton's 3rd Law: every action has an equal and an opposite reaction. Without an action of yours, there will be no reaction ;/

The point is, people should get to know you. If you act somehow that the guys should try hard to understand you, they think you don't want to be understood!
Take a piece of paper and write all the things you can do or the things you want to learn to do. These are not all of you, but are a big part of you. Then try to take part in communities doing or learning such things.
If you like physics, try to get involved in group conversations about physics. If you can play violin, try to show that to others. Or if you can't play violin but you really like to learn it, go and learn it!
I don't care what, but care about who you are and try to express it. Then people have a notion of who you are and surely one of them likes such a person to be with. Then he tries to get close to you and you should be open but not like "Hey, I need you, so whatever you do, just come to me and stay with me". You should respect yourself.
So just express yourself, let people know what you can do, and what are your interests.

Shyan said:
If you act somehow that the guys should try hard to understand you, they think you don't want to be understood!

really? I thought that was how its supposed to be... I am me and they try to understand me because they want to...
I don't make eye contact with anyone either... maybe I'm taking 'being mysterious' a bit too far...
how can I be easily understood?? I don't want to be 'in your face' all the time...

oh woe... an it doesn't help that I have gained a lot of rage lately... omg so much RAGE!
its so bad that I literally sit on the bus and hate everyone and today somehow found myself growling walking along the street from some rageful thought in my mind...

nucleargirl, I'm pretty sure we've told you before, if not, my apologies, please seek professional help. Psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, someone. Good luck to you.

What is "Sad times in aloneland" about?

"Sad times in aloneland" is a phrase that refers to a feeling of sadness or loneliness experienced by an individual or a group of people. It can also be used to describe a situation or period of time that is characterized by feelings of isolation and despair.

What are the common causes of "Sad times in aloneland"?

The causes of "Sad times in aloneland" can vary from person to person, but some common factors may include social isolation, loss of a loved one, relationship problems, mental health issues, or major life changes such as moving to a new place or job loss.

How does "Sad times in aloneland" affect people?

"Sad times in aloneland" can have a significant impact on a person's mental and emotional well-being. It can lead to feelings of depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem. It may also affect a person's physical health, as they may experience changes in appetite, sleep patterns, and overall energy levels.

What can be done to cope with "Sad times in aloneland"?

There are various ways to cope with "Sad times in aloneland," and the best approach may differ from person to person. Some coping mechanisms may include seeking support from friends and family, engaging in activities that bring joy or purpose, practicing self-care, seeking therapy or counseling, and finding a support group or community.

When should one seek professional help for "Sad times in aloneland"?

If feelings of sadness and isolation persist for an extended period of time or significantly impact daily life, it may be beneficial to seek professional help. A mental health professional can provide support, guidance, and treatment to address the underlying causes of "Sad times in aloneland" and improve overall well-being.