Proving Theorems in Sentential Logic: SD Derivation Guide

• Thread starter yankes2k
  • Start date
  • Tags
    sd
In summary, the individual is seeking help with proving a theorem for their logic homework. They are allowed to use standard derivations in Sentential Logic and are struggling with entering symbols. The instructions are to show that two given statements are theorems in SD by constructing a derivation. They apologize for double-posting and explain that they initially posted on the wrong forum.
yankes2k
Hi everyone,

I really need help proving a theorem for logic HW. I am allowed to use all the standard derivations in Sentential Logic.

Also I do not know how to enter in the symbols so I will use ">" to signify conditional in the problem below.

Instructions: Show that each of the following is a theorem in SD by constructing a derivation.

1:) ~A>((B&A)>C)

2:) (AvB)>(BvA)

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it as I am so lost right now.

Thanks,

-Tony

BTW this is posted on the Logic form first because I did not notice this form first. Sorry for double-posting

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone have some advice?

1. What is SD deviation and why is it important in science?

SD deviation, also known as standard deviation, is a measure of how spread out a set of data is. It is important in science because it allows us to understand the variability and distribution of data, which is crucial for making accurate conclusions and predictions.

2. How is SD deviation calculated?

SD deviation is calculated by finding the average of the squared differences from the mean of a set of data. This value is then square rooted to get the standard deviation.

3. What is a high or low SD deviation?

A high SD deviation means that the data points are spread out over a larger range, while a low SD deviation means that the data points are clustered closely around the mean. The exact interpretation of high or low SD deviation depends on the context of the data and the specific field of study.

4. How does SD deviation differ from variance?

SD deviation and variance are both measures of data spread, but variance is the average of the squared differences from the mean, while SD deviation is the square root of variance. In other words, SD deviation is the square root of variance.

5. Can SD deviation be negative?

No, SD deviation cannot be negative. Since it is a measure of data spread, it is always a positive value. If a calculation results in a negative value for SD deviation, it is likely due to an error in the calculation.