1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Searching for a article

1. Oct 5, 2009 #1
    I was trying to search an article on the internet
    the 'reference line' is
    "Atwater, M. A., and J. T. Ball, 1978: A numerical solar radiation model based on standard meteorological observations. Review paper. Solar Energy, 21, 163-170"
    However the most frustrating fact are the results return by the search engine are the 'reference line' and not the article itself.
    Could anyone give some suggestion on what should I do now?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2009 #2
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...7381840&md5=c8e801c9da395a63ceafe5501005c93f" - As taken from the reference. A lot journal's will have their previous volumes online. Best place to start if google doesn't kick something up straight away is at the journal's web page (i.e. google Solar Energy vol XX). Next step is to find out if you or you're institution has access to the article.

Do you know if you're institution has access to this journal? (i.e. log in via Athens or something)

If not it may be worth asking the library if they a) Have the journal in their archives or b) can order it in.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  4. Oct 10, 2009 #3
    Thank you for the suggestion.I found the article I wanted , the library compiled it in a volume with a slightly different tittle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook