Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Searching for a Blog or Web Site

1. Mar 2, 2016 #1
    My girlfriend made me get a blog (long story). I signed up for Wordpress which is free and mostly good but their formatting software is way too buggy. I can't do very basic things.

Good points of Wordpress
    No ads.
    Attractive appearance
    Very easy to "share" with Facebook. That's the #2 criterion.
    Able to shut off all the spam it generates with minimal effort. That's #3.
    Free.

Bad points:
    When I mix images and text Wordpress mangles the text formatting. Not acceptable. Now my images are failing to appear too.

So anyone know of a place that's reliable, easy to "share" with Facebook, won't spam me to death, allows me to publish text and images, and isn't horrible in some other way? I guess maybe I'll have to give up on free.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

How about Google Blogger? Its free, has many themes and is quite sharable.

4. Mar 2, 2016 #3

I tried Google Blogger. I went through an elaborate procedure to link it to Facebook. I got the end. Recipe Check Failed. I checked around. Others have the same problem. No help. Too bad.

5. Mar 3, 2016 #4

Borek

Staff: Mentor

The only sure way of mixing images with text that I am aware off is to deal directly with the html code.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted