Searching for a particular site

• Thread starter preet
  • Start date
In summary, the person is looking for a website that was posted on a forum a long time ago. It was likely an electrical engineer's page with articles on voltage and basic concepts in electricity. The person asked for the link and someone suggested Hyperphysics. Another person suggested searching the Link Directory. The person looking for the website remembers that it had a simple design and discussed the definition of voltage or electricity, but couldn't find it in the links section. They asked for anyone who remembers it to reply or email them.
preet
This is probably really vague... but I'm looking for this site that was posted on these forums a looooooong time ago. It was (I think) an electrical engineer's page with a lot of articles on stuff like the definition of voltage, and basic concepts in electricity. If anyone has the link, I'd appreciate it... thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Try searching the Link Directory (see menu at top right corner of main page). Someone may have put it there.

It wasn't the site that Maxwell posted (thanks for trying!) ... I couldn't find it in the links section either. I remember a little bit more... it was just a simple page... white background, no fancy stuff. The article dealing with voltage specifically was talking about the definition of voltage... or electricity. Something about how there was no proper definition of it... it was really interesting stuff! It's probably too vague to find... but if anyone ever remembers, please reply to this thread... (or email me ... preet.desai@gmail.com)

TiA

What is the best way to search for a particular site?

The best way to search for a particular site is by using a search engine such as Google. Simply type in the name or keywords of the site you are looking for and press enter. You can also use more specific search filters or advanced search techniques to narrow down your results.

How do I find a specific website on a search engine?

To find a specific website on a search engine, you can use quotation marks around the name or keywords of the site. This will tell the search engine to only show results that include that exact phrase. You can also use other search operators such as "site:" followed by the website's URL to specifically search for that site.

Why can't I find a particular site on a search engine?

There could be a few reasons why you are unable to find a particular site on a search engine. It could be that the site is relatively new and has not been indexed by the search engine yet. It could also be that the site is not optimized for search engines, making it difficult to find. Additionally, the site may have been penalized or removed from the search engine's index.

How do I search for a particular site on a specific topic?

To search for a particular site on a specific topic, you can use keywords related to that topic in your search query. Additionally, you can use search filters or advanced search techniques to further refine your results. You can also try using a more specific search engine that specializes in the topic you are interested in.

Can I search for a particular site using images?

Yes, it is possible to search for a particular site using images. Some search engines, such as Google, have a feature called "Reverse Image Search" which allows you to upload an image or enter the image's URL to find websites that include that image. This can be helpful if you are trying to find a site based on a logo or specific image.