1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Seeking Mathematical Advice

1. Mar 21, 2012 #1
    Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I am a high school junior, and I am attempting to build onto my math foundation. Currently, I am finishing Algebra II. Next year, I will not be taking Trigonometry, as my teacher did not recommend me. We were supposed to have straight A's, unfortunately I received a B one quarter. I am seeking resources to self-study Trigonometry and Pre-calculus over the summer. It would be much appreciated, if anyone could provide me with materials , preferably online, to self-study.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2012 #2
    For online material, I cannot recommend anything else but:

khanacademy.org

It has complete tutorials in the form of videos on almost anything, and exercises and solutions. You can also keep track of your progress and quiz yourself. It's an amazing resource.

Otherwise, in terms of books, the absolute best in my opinion, is:

- Algebra, Gelfand and Saul

- Trigonometry, Gelfand and Shen

The above books aren't your typical books; they are more informal and a lot more challenging. Being able to work through at least the first one (Algebra) will put you far ahead of many other students.

Good luck!

4. Mar 21, 2012 #3
    Thanks, DivisionByZyro. I will surely look into khanacademy. Also, thanks for the book references. Are these books problem-intensive? With answers?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook