Where Can I Find Resources for Self-Studying Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus?

In summary, the conversation discusses a high school junior's desire to self-study Trigonometry and Pre-calculus over the summer after receiving a B in Algebra II and not being recommended for Trigonometry by their teacher. The recommended resources for self-study include khanacademy.org and the books "Algebra" by Gelfand and Saul and "Trigonometry" by Gelfand and Shen. These books are described as more challenging and problem-intensive, and khanacademy.org is praised for its tutorials and exercises.
Cris22
Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I am a high school junior, and I am attempting to build onto my math foundation. Currently, I am finishing Algebra II. Next year, I will not be taking Trigonometry, as my teacher did not recommend me. We were supposed to have straight A's, unfortunately I received a B one quarter. I am seeking resources to self-study Trigonometry and Pre-calculus over the summer. It would be much appreciated, if anyone could provide me with materials , preferably online, to self-study.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
For online material, I cannot recommend anything else but:

khanacademy.org

It has complete tutorials in the form of videos on almost anything, and exercises and solutions. You can also keep track of your progress and quiz yourself. It's an amazing resource.

Otherwise, in terms of books, the absolute best in my opinion, is:

- Algebra, Gelfand and Saul

- Trigonometry, Gelfand and Shen

The above books aren't your typical books; they are more informal and a lot more challenging. Being able to work through at least the first one (Algebra) will put you far ahead of many other students.

Good luck!

Thanks, DivisionByZyro. I will surely look into khanacademy. Also, thanks for the book references. Are these books problem-intensive? With answers?

What is mathematical advice?

Mathematical advice refers to seeking guidance or suggestions from a mathematician or someone well-versed in mathematics on a specific problem or topic.

Why would someone seek mathematical advice?

People may seek mathematical advice for various reasons, such as solving a complex problem, understanding a mathematical concept, or making important decisions based on mathematical data or analysis.

How can one find a reliable source for mathematical advice?

One can find a reliable source for mathematical advice by seeking recommendations from trusted individuals, consulting with experts in the field, or researching reputable institutions or organizations that offer mathematical advice services.

What should one prepare before seeking mathematical advice?

Before seeking mathematical advice, one should have a clear and specific question or problem in mind, provide any relevant background information or data, and be open to different perspectives and approaches.

Is mathematical advice always correct?

No, mathematical advice may not always be correct as it is based on the knowledge and experience of the advisor and the accuracy of the information provided. It is always important to critically evaluate and verify the advice received.