Can I Set My Signature on This Website?

• Thread starter Theoretiker
  • Start date
In summary: Herbststurm.First of all, if you want to create a second account, you need toto register a second account. This prevents things like good cop/bad cop, multi-part scams, etc.Secondly, if we allowed users to ditch accounts and start new ones, then things like infractions (which you don't have) and posting history would disappear. Because of this, I support changing Theoretiker to Herbststurm, but I don't support deleting Theoretiker and starting afresh with...Herbststurm.
Theoretiker
Hi,

i want set my signature, but I failed :( Is this feature disabled, or am I to incompetent to find the option? :confused:

greetings

Physics news on Phys.org
Signatures, avatars, etc. are available only to Contributors, Science Advisors and Homework Helpers.

If you would like to contribute, please click the "upgrade" link on the top left.

Gokul43201 said:
Signatures, avatars, etc. are available only to Contributors, Science Advisors and Homework Helpers.

Ah, okay.

Could you explain please, what this means?
Pay? Or what exactly is this upgrade?

greetings

https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

ah, thx.

I guess I will join this community :smile:

One Question. Who is Admin of this Board? I want ask him something.

greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother PMing him. He's Greg, but he gets so many PMs and have so much to do it's unlikely that he'll see your PM. Instead post it in this forum, unless it's something personal.

The 'Staff' button on the top bar lists all the admin, mentors, HH's and SA's.

Kurdt said:
The 'Staff' button on the top bar lists all the admin, mentors, HH's and SA's.

thanks. I thougt "staff" is a synonym for advertising.
it is a list of the team. Very interesting :smile:

Theoretiker said:
thanks. I thougt "staff" is a synonym for advertising.

Really? I don't know how you arrived at that.

Yes, it looks like, that the Admins don't have time. I wrote some pn's but without response. This isn't bad because with 110681 members, it is okay if a admin hasn't got much time in a forum :)

So I write it here and hope, that a Admin will read it, or a moderator will contact an admin.

Could cou delete this account "Theoretiker" please?
I created a new one and so, I don't need this anymore.

I did this, because I will upgrade the profile and if I pay for a forum, I want another name, because it would be nice, if I use the same username, in all forums I am active,

Thanks

all the best
Theoretiker

Actually, I think it is possible for an admin to change the name of an existing account, so you don't have to create a new one. But only Greg or chroot can do it.

jtbell said:
Actually, I think it is possible for an admin to change the name of an existing account, so you don't have to create a new one. But only Greg or chroot can do it.

but the new account already exist, so it should not be possible to change the name, because this one is setted :)

Thats why deleting of "Theoretiker" would be the best solution.

greetings

Last edited:
We don't normally delete accounts because threads you've posted in would cease to make sense. You should have really paid more attention to the rules before you went and made another account. Users are only allowed one account.

Just a side question, how do you tell if a user's account has been deleted? Would all his posts/threads vanish?

Herbststurm said:
but the new account already exist, so it should not be possible to change the name, because this one is setted :)

Thats why deleting of "Theoretiker" would be the best solution.

greetings

As others have said, as a rule we don't delete accounts. The issue has been flagged up with the staff, and I'm sure Greg will contact you to advise.

Defennder said:
Just a side question, how do you tell if a user's account has been deleted? Would all his posts/threads vanish?

As above, we don't delete accounts very often. Sometimes accounts are closed, which means that a member's posts remain but their name gets greyed out. The other way of closing an account is to ban them.

Kurdt said:
We don't normally delete accounts because threads you've posted in would cease to make sense. You should have really paid more attention to the rules before you went and made another account. Users are only allowed one account.

No, in V-Bulletin, if a user was deleted, the posts and threads are kept, but the username will changed to "guest", or it keeps the name, but it exist no profile to the post.

At cristo:

Well, then close, or ban Theoretiker. It ist the same, in some way.

greetings

Herbststurm said:
Well, then close, or ban Theoretiker. It ist the same, in some way.

I started a thread on this last night in one of the staff forums.

Firstly, it is against Physics Forums rules

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374
Physics Forums Rules said:
Only one account/username per person; multiple accounts are not allowed--no sockpuppets

to register a second account. This prevents things like good cop/bad cop, multi-part scams, etc.

Secondly, if we allowed users to ditch accounts and start new ones, then things like infractions (which you don't have) and posting history would disappear. Because of this, I support changing Theoretiker to Herbststurm, but I don't support deleting Theoretiker and starting afresh with Herbststurm.

1. Can I set my signature on this website?

It depends on the specific website and its policies. Some websites may allow you to set a signature, while others may not have that feature available. It's best to check with the website's terms and conditions or contact their customer support for more information.

2. How do I set a signature on a website?

The process of setting a signature on a website varies depending on the website's design and features. Some websites may have a designated section for creating and setting a signature, while others may require you to use a specific tool or feature to add a signature. You can usually find instructions or tutorials on the website itself or by contacting their customer support.

3. Is it necessary to have a signature on a website?

No, having a signature on a website is not a mandatory requirement. It is often a personal preference or a way to add a personal touch to your online presence. Some websites, especially those related to business or professional networking, may encourage or require a signature for authenticity purposes.

4. Can I use my handwritten signature on a website?

Again, this depends on the website's policies and features. Some websites may allow you to upload an image of your handwritten signature, while others may only have options for creating a digital or typed signature. It's best to check with the website for their specific guidelines.

5. Are there any limitations to setting a signature on a website?

Yes, there may be limitations to setting a signature on a website. Some websites may have character limits or specific formatting requirements for signatures. Others may not allow certain types of content or images to be used in signatures. It's important to follow the website's guidelines to ensure your signature is accepted and appropriate.