1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Simplified: Equations of Motion of a Quadcopter

1. Mar 6, 2017 #1
    Hello! I've been looking into the equations of motions of a quadcopter with an x-config. The only thing I've found was http://www.inase.org/library/2014/santorini/bypaper/SYSTEMS/SYSTEMS1-07.pdf, but it seems complicated. Could someone explain the equation of motions, and how they were arrived at? Also, is it possible to simplify the equations to something someone in highschool could understand?

Thank you in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2017 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

How simple would you want it ? There are a number of degrees of freedom you have to deal with, whether you like it or not.

The article is only a part I of an intended series ... (not followed up since 2014 -- and I grant you it's hard to read -- partly because of the imperfect english)
    Did you read up on the Denavit Hartenberg parameters ? I think you'll need the mathematical formalism to do anything non-trivial in this area. It's simply not that easily simplified...

Funny. I google and find a lot more.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted