Designing a Controller for Quadroto with MATLAB/SIMULINK

In summary: You can also use the export function in the model workspace to export your operating points and use those as your initial values.
armin11
hi,
I'm designing a controller for quadroto with MATLAB and I'm using SIMULINK to do this.
In the embedded function I have to define the initial values so that the velocities take initial values but then in the embedded function the derivative of the velocities is calculated and then there is an integrator after the embedded function that returns to the velocities.I should define initial values so that velocity input takes these values once and after that at each step velocities are entered by the feedback and initial values should't be entered.How can I do this?Is there a way to do this?for example in embedded function to write a code that takes the initial values at t=0 and after that inputs are from feedback?please help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try using control system design and defining the initial states of your operating point as your desired values. Then export the operating point to the model workspace.

A screen shot of your system and your error would also help immensely, since your description isn't 100% clear.

there is an error at time 0.3 of the simulink ,but if we run the program till time 0.3 it gives correct answer.Can I delete this time form the program?there is an Nan error at time 0.3,but there isn't any denominator in the equation.I don't know how to upload the program here to see your opinion.

armin11 said:
I don't know how to upload the program here to see your opinion.

Run the program until you reach the error then use this button on your keyboard

[PLAIN]http://www.askdrtech.com/solutions/image.axd?picture=2009%2F8%2FPrint1.jpg

Also, you can use this button to capture images of the rest of your program. See http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/print-screen/

for details

Last edited by a moderator:
the first one is a picture of the whole simulink,the second is my embedded function and the third is the error,as you can see the error is at the integrator of hdot and from the embedded function we see that hdot doesn't have a denominator.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 494
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 468
Just to recap, you are using an embedded function to define your initial values if your states, correct?

If you do this, the initial values at your integrators are all 0. There are a few ways to go about defining initial values of your states. One is to click on your integrator block and define the initial condition source as internal and input your data there.

The second way to do this is to use the control system toolbox and define the initial states in your operating point.

1. What is the purpose of designing a controller for Quadroto with MATLAB/SIMULINK?

The purpose of designing a controller for Quadroto using MATLAB/SIMULINK is to create a control system that can autonomously stabilize and control the movements of the Quadroto drone. This is achieved by using mathematical models, algorithms, and simulations to design and test the controller before implementing it on the actual drone.

2. What are the key components of designing a controller for Quadroto with MATLAB/SIMULINK?

The key components of designing a controller for Quadroto with MATLAB/SIMULINK include creating a mathematical model of the drone's dynamics, designing control algorithms, and simulating the controller's performance in various scenarios. It also involves tuning the controller parameters to optimize the drone's stability and performance.

3. How does MATLAB/SIMULINK assist in designing a controller for Quadroto?

MATLAB/SIMULINK is a powerful software tool that allows for the creation and simulation of complex mathematical models and control systems. It provides a user-friendly interface for designing and testing controllers, as well as analyzing and visualizing the results. This makes it an essential tool for designing a controller for Quadroto.

4. What are the advantages of using MATLAB/SIMULINK for designing a controller for Quadroto?

One of the main advantages of using MATLAB/SIMULINK for designing a controller for Quadroto is its ability to quickly and accurately simulate the controller's performance. This allows for efficient testing and tuning of the controller before implementing it on the actual drone. Additionally, MATLAB/SIMULINK offers a wide range of tools and functions for designing and analyzing control systems, making it a comprehensive solution for designing a Quadroto controller.

5. Are there any limitations to using MATLAB/SIMULINK for designing a controller for Quadroto?

While MATLAB/SIMULINK is a powerful tool for designing controllers, it does have some limitations. It requires a certain level of expertise and knowledge in using the software, as well as a strong understanding of control theory and dynamics. It also may not be suitable for real-time control implementation, as it is primarily used for simulation and analysis. However, these limitations can be overcome with proper training and understanding of the software.