Simulink Modeling for F1 Car Start from Standstill

In summary, the conversation is about a newbie working on a simulink model of a F1 car. They are trying to simulate the start of a F1 car from standstill using basic concepts such as revving the engine at 11000 rpm, using a torque curve and gear shifting logic. However, the engine RPM curve is not correct and they are looking for tips and guidance to fix it. They also ask for a screenshot of the Simulink model.
ashwindg
Hi guys,
Im a newbie to this site... I have been wrking on a simulink model of a F1 car for a few days.I wanted to simulate the start of a F1 car from standstill.. I used the following basic concepts:
1) The engine is revved at say around 11000 .rpm
2)So when the lights go off, I engage the gears and my throttle is floored...
3) I use a torque curve from which I get the torque using 'lookup table'. The RPM for the engine lookup table is back calculated fro wheel speed.
4) This torque is then multiplied in the transmission and finally delivered to the wheels.
5) My gear shifting logic shifts at 19000 Rpm from 1 to 7... This RPm is determine by back calculating the Wheel speed(wheel speed x gear ratio).. So when this value reaches 19000, the gear shifts...
6) The simulation kind of works but my engine RPM curve is not correct.
Since I feed my wheel RPM back to the engine, my engine rpm curve shows RPM rising from 0 t0 19000. But this is wrong because I am revving my engine at 11000 RPM. So it should start from 11000 right?
Im kind of stuck with this. Dont know how to do it rit...
Hope my explanation is understandable...
Would appreciate any tips and guidance on this.. Thanks a lot in advance...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you post an attachment (screenshot) of your Simulink model?

1. What is Simulink modeling and how is it used for F1 car start from standstill?

Simulink modeling is a software tool used for creating and simulating dynamic systems. In the context of F1 car start from standstill, Simulink can be used to model the various components and subsystems of the car, such as the engine, transmission, and tires, and simulate their behavior during the start from standstill process.

2. What are the benefits of using Simulink for F1 car start from standstill modeling?

Simulink offers several benefits for modeling F1 car start from standstill, including the ability to easily visualize and analyze the behavior of the car during the start process, the ability to make quick changes and modifications to the model, and the ability to simulate various scenarios and conditions to optimize the start performance.

3. How is Simulink modeling for F1 car start from standstill different from other modeling techniques?

Simulink modeling is specifically designed for dynamic systems and offers a graphical and intuitive approach to model building. This makes it easier to model complex systems like F1 cars and simulate their behavior in real-time. Additionally, Simulink offers a wide range of built-in tools and libraries specifically designed for modeling vehicle dynamics.

4. How accurate are Simulink models for F1 car start from standstill compared to real-world performance?

The accuracy of Simulink models for F1 car start from standstill depends on the accuracy of the input data and the assumptions made in the model. However, with proper calibration and validation, Simulink models can closely represent the real-world performance of an F1 car during start from standstill.

5. Can Simulink models for F1 car start from standstill be used for other applications?

While Simulink models are specifically designed for F1 car start from standstill, they can also be modified and used for other applications, such as modeling and simulating the performance of other types of vehicles during start from standstill. The principles and techniques used in F1 car start from standstill modeling can be applied to other systems and processes as well.