So gravity obviously is the differing rates of expansion of Matter vs

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between gravity and the expansion of matter and space. The person suggests that matter may be increasing in size faster than space, while the other person argues that there is no evidence to support this claim. The conversation also touches on the relationship between gravity and inertia, and the idea that they may be identical. However, the conversation becomes confusing and nonsensical as the person makes unsupported statements and ignores specific questions. The conversation is flagged for locking due to its lack of coherence.
Gomjabbar
So gravity obviously is the differing rates of expansion of Matter vs Space. Matter is increasing size faster than space. The more matter you have the faster matter expands in relation to space. Or maybe conversely space is shrinking. I don't know which yet and maybe it relative. Could this explain why matter clusters (galaxies) are increasing in distance in faster in relation to each other faster and faster?

Physics news on Phys.org

Matter does not expand. What you are saying does not make sense.

doh I am an idiot...atoms are expanding. so the larger an object is the faster this rate would be. so simple

Atoms are not expanding.

but black holes...they would be increasing in size the fastest and have no atoms...maybe its subatomic.

obviously it does in relation to space...that why you have gravity

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume maybe you're having trouble expressing what you mean, but what you're saying is nonsensical.

Gravity is the curvature of space due to mass. There's no matter or atoms that are expanding.

I don't know what you're trying to say about black holes.

sure matter doesn't "appear" to be increasing in size. Space is increasing fast enough that it doesn't seem like matter is increasing in size. But the differences of rates of expansion of space and matter when you are near matter, are what make it become apparent

Gomjabbar said:
sure matter doesn't "appear" to be increasing in size. Space is increasing fast enough that it doesn't seem like matter is increasing in size. But the differences of rates of expansion of space and matter when you are near matter, are what make it become apparent

What evidence do you have that matter is increasing in size? A paper you can refer too? A study?

Your answer will determine whether this thread stays open or gets locked.

maybe inflation never stopped...the rates of expansion could be HUGE.

let me make it simple. You are in space and are not moving. a large object near you is increasing in size rapidly. What happens?

Gomjabbar said:
let me make it simple. You are in space and are not moving. a large object near you is increasing in size rapidly. What happens?

Answer my question. What evidence do you have that matter is increasing in size?

inertia is gravity...gravity is inertia

I can show the studies for that

Gomjabbar said:
inertia is gravity...gravity is inertia

This is not true. Objects experience inertia quite happily far from any gravity source. A 100kg man floating in interstellar space is still a 100kg man, and it will take just as much fuel to move him.You need to do some reading on this subject, ideally from books other than the ones you're reading.

The relationship between gravity and inertia was the motivation for general relativity is expressed in an article Einstein wrote which appeared in the February 17, 1921 issue of Nature:

an gravitation and inertia be identical? This question leads directly to the General Theory of Relativity. Is it not possible for me to regard the Earth as free from rotation, if I conceive of the centrifugal force, which acts on all bodies at rest relatively to the earth, as being a "real" gravitational field of gravitation, or part of such a field? If this idea can be carried out, then we shall have proved in very truth the identity of gravitation and inertia. For the same property which is regarded as inertia from the point of view of a system not taking part of the rotation can be interpreted as gravitation when considered with respect to a system that shares this rotation. According to Newton, this interpretation is impossible, because in Newton's theory there is no "real" field of the "Coriolis-field" type. But perhaps Newton's law of field could be replaced by another that fits in with the field which holds with respect to a "rotating" system of co-ordinates? My conviction of the identity of inertial and gravitational mass aroused within me the feeling of absolute confidence in the correctness of this interpretation.

None of this answers the question as to what makes you think atoms are expanding.

This thread is flagged for locking. Make your sentences short.

but that man is matter...inertia is the key. We resist movement. We are resisting the expansion of the earth. It doesn't matter if its in space or near a planet.

You are confused, moving from unrelated point to point, making non-sensical assertions, ignoring specific questions.

This thread is bound for locking.

Take some time to do some reading.

whatever

google "gravity and inertia" I don't have the time to explain that to ya

Thread locked pending moderation.

Gomjabber, stop using text speech and start making sense.

What is gravity?

Gravity is a fundamental force that attracts objects with mass towards each other.

How does gravity work?

Gravity works by exerting a force on objects with mass, causing them to move towards each other. This force is proportional to the mass of the objects and the distance between them.

What causes gravity?

Gravity is caused by the curvature of space-time around objects with mass. The more massive an object is, the more it curves space-time and the stronger its gravitational pull.

Why do objects fall towards the ground?

Objects fall towards the ground because the Earth's mass causes a curvature in space-time, which pulls objects towards the center of the Earth.

How does gravity affect the expansion of the universe?

Gravity is responsible for the clumping of matter in the universe, which slows down the expansion of the universe. However, dark energy, a mysterious force that counteracts gravity, is believed to be the dominant force driving the accelerated expansion of the universe.