So, I'm starting to think about studying Physics in college

In summary, there are many stable job opportunities available with a Bachelor's or Master's in Physics, and it is important to consider your own interests, skills, and goals before making a decision about studying Physics in college. Make sure to do thorough research and talk to others in the field before making a decision.
D4V1D
For those unwilling to read everything:
-Tips, advice, suggestions, etc. about deciding on studying Physics in college.
-Stable job suggestions for a Bachelor's and a Master's in Physics.

I am seventeen years old, and a junior in high school currently.
I'm not at the top of my class, but I'm not doing badly (3.25 GPA currently).
Previously, I had been thinking about going into the engineering field, but (obviously) Physics has caught my eye as well.
I can't say I'm math's biggest fan (I'm decent at math; not bad by any means, but not a math genius), but my interest in how the world around me works trumps that.
I am still trying to decide on whether the field would be right for me, and it certainly looks appealing.
Sadly, I am honestly pretty clueless on everything currently. D:
I don't know what the job outlook is like, job security, pay (I'm not expecting rediculous amounts of money, but I want enough to raise a family and survive), etc.
I guess I just want to make sure I wouldn't be making a mistake for myself personally.
If I go into Physics, I may end up working towards a Masters, but I can't promise I'd want to put in even more time towards a PhD (not right away, at least... maybe later on in life).
I'm looking for a stable job, so I don't want any short job contracts where I might be wondering what I'll do in a year or two when I have to find a new job.
What kind of STABLE jobs could I find with either a Bachelor's or a Master's in Physics that could provide what I am looking for (reasonable hours and a decent income to live off of and raise a family with)?
Also, is there any advice, tips, suggestions, etc. that you may have for me to look into before making my decision?
Thank you for your time! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
There are many different jobs available with a Bachelor's or Master's in Physics. Depending on your interests and skills, you could pursue a career in research, teaching, data analysis, engineering, software development, or even medical physics. Many of these roles offer stable job opportunities with reasonable hours and a good income. If you're still considering studying Physics in college, it is important to think about what kind of career you would be interested in and what type of environment you would like to work in. Do some research to find out what different roles within the field involve and what the job outlook is like for those positions. Talk to people who have pursued a degree in Physics to get an idea of what it's really like. Make sure to consider if you have the time and resources to complete the degree and if it is something that you would enjoy doing. It is also important to think about what other skills you would need to develop in order to succeed in the field. Along with a strong academic background in Physics, you will also need to hone your problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills. You may also need to develop knowledge and experience in other areas such as computer programming, data analysis, and engineering. Overall, studying Physics can be a great way to gain knowledge and skills that are relevant and applicable to many different career paths. As long as you take the time to thoroughly research potential career options and consider if you have the skills and resources to pursue a degree in Physics, you should be able to make an informed decision about whether it is the right path for you.

1. What is Physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It involves understanding the fundamental laws and principles that govern the physical world and using mathematical equations to describe and predict natural phenomena.

2. What can you do with a degree in Physics?

A degree in Physics can open up a wide range of career opportunities, including research and development, engineering, data analysis, teaching, and more. Physics is a highly versatile field that can be applied to many different industries, such as healthcare, technology, energy, and aerospace.

3. Is Physics a difficult major?

Physics can be a challenging major, but it is also a highly rewarding one. It requires strong mathematical and analytical skills, as well as a deep curiosity and passion for understanding the physical world. With dedication and hard work, anyone can excel in studying Physics.

4. What are some important skills needed for studying Physics?

Some important skills for studying Physics include critical thinking, problem-solving, mathematical proficiency, and attention to detail. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are also important for presenting research findings and collaborating with others in the field.

5. How can I prepare for studying Physics in college?

To prepare for studying Physics in college, it is important to have a strong foundation in math and science, particularly in calculus and physics. Developing good study habits and time management skills will also be beneficial. Additionally, reading books and articles about physics and participating in science-related extracurricular activities can help you develop a deeper understanding and passion for the subject.