Solar PV:What happens to the lost energy?inductive recovery?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
romeo17
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi there, I am new in here, thanks for any reply.
I took same title of a previous closed 3D by pranj5.

As understood main part of the energy absorbed by PV panels goes in reflection and heat.

The heat origins mainly in electrons that are excited but not enough to jump or they jump but they are not captured at the cathode.

I was thinking... PV panel are usually diamagnetic... if during operation we invest it by a magnetic field can we recover the work of those electrons that were not so lucky?
a sort of inductive recovery for photovoltaics to increase efficiency...

any study in this direction?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Unless there has been some discovery that I am unaware of, electrons moving from one energy state to another is not the same as an electron moving down a wire. No magnetic field will be produced when "moving" from one state to another.
If something like what you describe we're to happen, each electron's magnetic field change would be in its own direction, so there would not be a coherent field to capture.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: romeo17
Your question is not clear. But you should be confidant that every possible way to improve their performance has been considered.