Solving Problem 10.3 from Peskin's QFT Book

• Thread starter phinlamp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Peskin Qft
In summary, problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT is a challenging mathematical exercise that requires a strong understanding of the path integral formalism, Feynman diagrams, and Wick's theorem. It can vary in difficulty depending on an individual's level of familiarity with these concepts. There are various resources available to help with solving this problem, and it serves as a valuable exercise for applying knowledge and developing problem-solving skills in quantum field theory.
phinlamp
Hi,

I'm stuck with problem 10.3 from Peskin's QFT book. I'm trying to evaluate the 2-loop sunset diagram in massless phi^4 theory however I keep running into trouble. I'm trying to use standard feynman parameter + dimensional regularisation techniques however i keep getting stuck when it comes to integrating over the 2nd loop.

Can anyone help me?

Phin

Physics news on Phys.org
How about you post the integral which gives u headaches...?Do u use a generalized zeta Riemann regularization...?

Daniel.

Hi Phin,

I understand your frustration with this problem. Evaluating the 2-loop sunset diagram in massless phi^4 theory can be quite tricky. One approach you can try is to use the method of integration by parts, where you integrate over one loop at a time and then use integration by parts to simplify the resulting integrals. Another technique you can use is to expand the integrand in terms of small parameters and then use perturbation theory to evaluate the integral. Finally, you can also try using computer software such as Mathematica to help with the calculations.

I hope these suggestions are helpful and that you are able to successfully solve the problem. Don't get discouraged, sometimes these problems can take time and effort to figure out. Keep persisting and I'm sure you will eventually find a solution. Best of luck!

Related to Solving Problem 10.3 from Peskin's QFT Book

1. What is the problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT?

The problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT is a mathematical exercise that involves using the path integral formalism to calculate correlation functions in a specific quantum field theory model.

2. What are the key concepts needed to solve problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT?

To solve problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT, you will need a solid understanding of the path integral formalism, Feynman diagrams, and Wick's theorem. Knowledge of quantum field theory and Green's functions is also helpful.

3. How difficult is problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT?

The difficulty level of problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT can vary depending on an individual's level of understanding and familiarity with the key concepts mentioned above. However, it is generally considered to be a challenging problem that requires a strong grasp of the subject matter.

4. Are there any helpful resources for solving problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT?

Yes, there are many resources available to help with solving problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT. These include textbooks, online lecture notes, and forums where students and experts discuss and provide solutions.

5. Why is problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT important?

Problem 10.3 in Peskin QFT serves as a valuable exercise for students to apply their knowledge of path integral formalism and other key concepts in quantum field theory. It also helps to develop problem-solving skills and deepen understanding of the subject matter.