Is There a Malicious Link Trend in Online Posts?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, many people are posting with hyperlinks attached to certain nouns, which seems to be unintentional and possibly the result of a virus or spyware. Some users recommend downloading cwshredder or other software to get rid of the infection. Others suggest taking steps such as resting, staying indoors, drinking tea, and taking antibiotics to combat the virus. Users also recommend checking out threads in the technology forum for more information and solutions.
JamesU
Gold Member
Howcome everyone is posting, but when they say certain nouns, they put a hyperlink that says-"best(noun)" Is this intentional?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know what you're talking about.

Sounds like you have spyware. I think i know what you are talking about, I had something like that happen to me before. You need to download cwshredder.

yomamma said:
Howcome everyone is posting, but when they say certain nouns, they put a hyperlink that says-"best(noun)" Is this intentional?
Your computer's haunted, dude. Nothing like that happening here.

The best cure for viral infections is REST.Stay indoors,some hot bath,some hot tea,some antibiotics,some light food...

May u get rid of the virus as quickly as possible...

Daniel.

Yep, time to get the old Lysol out for your computer, it needs some disinfecting! There are some threads over in the technology forum that discuss different softwares to get spyware and viruses off your computer and protect it in the future. I think they have links to the sites where you can download that software too, and some step-by-step instructions of what order to do things in.

Good luck!

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/615/

So far, I ve gotten, apartement , and horse , they look like this. noun

I've had that happen too. You might want to be careful because it seems to be able to spread in e-mails and so forth.

1. What is spyware?

Spyware is a type of malicious software that is designed to secretly collect information about a person or organization without their knowledge or consent.

2. How does spyware get onto my computer?

Spyware can get onto your computer through various methods, such as clicking on malicious links or ads, downloading infected files, or through vulnerabilities in your operating system or web browser.

3. What are the signs that my computer has spyware?

Some common signs of spyware on your computer include slow performance, pop-up ads, changes to your web browser settings, and unexpected toolbars or programs appearing on your computer.

4. How can I protect my computer from spyware?

To protect your computer from spyware, you should regularly update your operating system and web browser, be cautious of clicking on suspicious links or downloading unknown files, and install reputable anti-spyware software.

5. Can spyware be removed from my computer?

Yes, spyware can be removed from your computer by using anti-spyware software. It is important to regularly scan your computer for spyware and remove any detected threats to ensure your privacy and security.