Source for High School physics problems?

In summary, the best source for high school physics problems is typically textbooks, online resources such as Khan Academy and Physics Classroom can also be helpful. There are several websites that offer free high school physics problems, including Physics Classroom, Khan Academy, and Physics Central. To find challenging physics problems for high school students, one can search for advanced placement (AP) physics problems. Solutions to high school physics problems can be found in textbooks, online resources, and on forums and educational websites. The best way to use these problems to improve understanding is to actively work through them and identify areas for further practice.
Werg22
I'm going to be tutoring HS students (junior and senior) in physics soon enough. I need to have a good, comprehensive source of problems. Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Irodov's Problems in General Physics is excellent but pricey. With about 2000 problems, the book covers I: Mechanics, II: Thermodynamics and Molecular Physics, III: Electrodynamics, IV: Oscillations and Waves, V: Optics, and VI: Atomic and Nuclear Physics. Many of the problems are quite difficult, but there are some easy ones for each section too.

I own Irodov. Way too challenging. I'm talking about run of the mill textbook problems.

1. What is the best source for high school physics problems?

The best source for high school physics problems is typically textbooks, as they are specifically designed to align with the curriculum and provide a variety of practice problems. Online resources such as Khan Academy and Physics Classroom can also be helpful.

2. Are there any websites that offer free high school physics problems?

Yes, there are several websites that offer free high school physics problems, including Physics Classroom, Khan Academy, and Physics Central.

3. How can I find challenging physics problems for high school students?

One way to find challenging physics problems for high school students is to search for advanced placement (AP) physics problems. These are typically more difficult and can provide a good challenge for students.

4. Are there any resources for high school physics problems with solutions?

Yes, many textbooks and online resources offer solutions to their practice problems. You can also search for specific problems on forums and educational websites where teachers and students may have shared solutions.

5. How can I use high school physics problems to improve my understanding of the subject?

The best way to use high school physics problems to improve understanding is to actively work through them, rather than just reading the solutions. This will help you identify areas where you may need more practice and reinforce key concepts.