Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sourcing cryogenic finger

1. Apr 3, 2016 #1
    Hi,

I have a high vacuum chamber, where I would like to feed a cryogenic finger through. The finger is to be mounted on top of the chamber (flange is parallel to floor), and the flange is a 4.5" Conflat type.

I have a few options, and want to know how best to proceed.

1) I have an existing dewar, which has a non-standard flange. I can modify this dewar, but to make the dewar connect to the conflat will need some custom high-vacuum parts made by an external company. This is expensive and very time consuming.

2) I can buy a right-angle LN2 cold trap with NW/KF fittings, and then seal off one of the fittings. I can find someone (not sure where) to weld/braze a mechanical attachment to the base of the dewar, which I can use to fit my own custom cryogenic finger

3) I would like to just BUY a finger that is the right length, and doesn't have any bells and whistles (eg heaters for temperature control, thermocouples, etc). The problem here is I can't seem to find anyone who will sell such an item.

Does anyone have any better suggestions? The finger needs to be about 30cm long.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted