Special theory of relativity- V.A.Ugarov

In summary, the conversation is about a user offering to share a book on special theory of relativity that was published by MIR Publishers, a Soviet publishing company that no longer exists. They mention that most books published by Soviet publishers do not have copyright claims anymore and provide a link to a website where the book may be available. Another user expresses interest in the book and requests it.
issacnewton
Hi

here is a great book on special theory of relativity...uploading front cover.
good thing is that there is no copy right... it was published in soviet union
by Mir Publishers , Moscow which is now gone...So let me know if anybody wants
this...I have it...most of the books published by soviet publishers, like Mir, Raduga don't have copyright claim any more...

:smile:

Attachments

• ugarov.jpg
    ugarov.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 667
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't see the cover, but I'm a huge fan of MIR Publishers' books, having read Perelman and Landau. It would be really great if you could share it with us! :smile:

Click on the link...I have uploaded the cover...for the book, send me the pm

Edit: also check http://mirtitles.org/

IssacNewton said:
Click on the link...I have uploaded the cover...for the book, send me the pm

Edit: also check http://mirtitles.org/

The image is pending approval. That's why I can't view it.

Yes, I'm already aware of that site! It's one my favourite bookmarks! :!) I believe this book isn't there though.

I've sent the PM.

i see the topic is a bit old, can some send me that book or post link for if it is still there?

thanks

What is the Special Theory of Relativity?

The Special Theory of Relativity, developed by Albert Einstein in 1905, is a theory that describes the relationship between space and time. It states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion and that the speed of light is constant for all observers, regardless of their relative motion.

What is the difference between the Special Theory of Relativity and the General Theory of Relativity?

The Special Theory of Relativity deals with objects in uniform motion, while the General Theory of Relativity includes the effects of gravity on objects in motion. The General Theory of Relativity also expands upon the concepts of the Special Theory of Relativity and provides a more complete understanding of the relationship between space and time.

How does the Special Theory of Relativity impact our understanding of time and space?

The Special Theory of Relativity introduces the concept of time dilation, which states that time passes differently for objects in motion compared to objects at rest. It also explains the phenomenon of length contraction, which states that objects in motion appear shorter in the direction of motion. Both of these concepts have been confirmed through experiments and have greatly expanded our understanding of time and space.

What are some practical applications of the Special Theory of Relativity?

The Special Theory of Relativity has had a significant impact on various fields, including physics, astronomy, and technology. It has led to advancements in GPS technology, as well as a better understanding of the behavior of particles at high speeds. The Special Theory of Relativity has also played a crucial role in the development of nuclear energy and space exploration.

Is the Special Theory of Relativity still relevant today?

Yes, the Special Theory of Relativity is still a fundamental theory in physics and continues to be tested and verified through experiments. It has also been incorporated into other theories, such as quantum mechanics, and has had a lasting influence on our understanding of the universe.