How Can I Make a Molecular Scanner to Determine Medicine Composition?

In summary, the author is looking for a molecular scanner to identify the composition of medicine. He suggests a course in analytical chemistry, followed by engineering, in order to build the scanner. He is also looking for a pocket spectrometer to scan the composition of food and bombs.
verzix
good morning everyone. Please, I shall like knowing how to make a molecular scanner. To determine the composition of medicine

Chemistry news on Phys.org
This is not something you do just by snapping your fingers. But if you are really interested, I suggest you start by finishing an analytical chemistry course - after that you will know of what can't be done, what can, and how and why. Then it is a matter of engineering (which can mean another degree).

Borek said:
This is not something you do just by snapping your fingers. But if you are really interested, I suggest you start by finishing an analytical chemistry course - after that you will know of what can't be done, what can, and how and why. Then it is a matter of engineering (which can mean another degree).

I know that it is not easy, I looked for people in my circle of acquaintances to help, but they were all occupied to the corruption. I shall like making it and used the Transformed of Laplace Inverse

What exactly are you looking for? Elemental Composition? Molecular structure?

Most of the time, chemists use combination of several analytical apparatus to identify a molecule. That is, mass spectroscopy, elemental analysis, nuclear magnetic resonance, infrared spectroscopy, etc. Mass spectroscopy gives information on the weight of the molecule as well as weight of its unstable fragments. Elemental analysis gives information on the weight percentage of several element, primarily carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen (some other elements are also available). Nuclear magnetic resonance gives information on ratio of number of hydrogen as well as its surrounding environment (this can be expanded to other NMR active elements too). Infrared spectroscopy gives information on the vibrating groups in a molecule. C=C stretching modes, -CH3 rotating modes, etc.

The most realistic apparatus to make is elemental analysis. However, even this isn't so easy since you need very high sensitivity scales, good catalysts so that the sample burns completely, etc.

For what I look, it is a detector of molecule, such as the spectrometer in infrared. I think that it is compulsory that this scanner is in a smartphone, even if shall be it the ideal. He could be in a miniaturized device connected to the smartphone as the MyDx. what you think of it ? Too much complicated? I do not plan to realize it by myself because I have no required competence. But I can establish one an effective base of data based on composition of medicine chosen

For what I look, it is a detector of molecule, such as the spectrometer in infrared. I think that it is compulsory that this scanner is in a smartphone, even if shall be it the ideal. He could be in a miniaturized device connected to the smartphone as the MyDx. what you think of it ? Too much complicated? I do not plan to realize it by myself because I have no required competence. But I can establish one an effective base of data based on composition of medicine chosen

I have just read, and yes, it is the same process. Scio and MyDx uses the same technique and it is the same about which I speak I believe

I don't know if the Scio will even be really available.. do you know of other brands of portal spectrometer like raman that I can acquire now? just to scan medicine, food, bombs and others.. for fun and learning..

No, it is only that I know which said to scan every these product and which is connected. You already have it

You can also use truscan, but it is only for medicine, it is not connected and I find that it is cumbersome

Haha. I have just reread your comment, and I realize that I had not well understood it. I would have to revise my English I think. sorry!

1. What is a spectrometer?

A spectrometer is a scientific instrument used to measure and analyze the properties of light, including its intensity, wavelength, and frequency. It works by separating the different wavelengths of light using a diffraction grating or prism and then detecting and measuring them with a detector.

2. How is a spectrometer used in medicine?

Spectrometers are used in medicine for various purposes, including disease diagnosis, drug development, and monitoring of biological processes. They can analyze bodily fluids, tissues, and drugs to identify specific molecules and provide valuable information for medical research and treatment.

3. What are the benefits of using a spectrometer in medicine?

The use of a spectrometer in medicine has several benefits, including high sensitivity and accuracy, non-invasiveness, and the ability to analyze multiple samples simultaneously. It also allows for real-time monitoring and can provide valuable insights into the molecular composition of biological samples.

4. Are there different types of spectrometers used in medicine?

Yes, there are several types of spectrometers used in medicine, including UV-Vis spectrometers, infrared spectrometers, and mass spectrometers. Each type has its own advantages and is used for different applications in the medical field.

5. How does a spectrometer contribute to advancements in medicine?

Spectrometers play a crucial role in advancing medicine by providing accurate and detailed information about the molecular composition of biological samples. This information can aid in the development of new drugs, early detection of diseases, and personalized treatment plans for patients.