Spin experiment analogous to magnetism

In summary, Nhan Huynh Cong's experiment offers an intriguing perspective on magnetism, but it requires further study and testing before it can be fully accepted in the scientific community.
liometopum
There is a video uploaded by a Vietnamese physicist, Nhan Huynh Cong, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06q57uAt4AI&feature=feedlik

The title is "Magnetic field is vortices with their own axis to create electromagnetic deflected axis interaction" (in case the link fails)

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A2K...list=ULjrXwqOPDigM&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=4

He shows, by a simple experiment, how the orientation of a spinning object interacting with another spinning object can mimic magnetism when you change the angle of interaction. You get attraction and repulsion. It is very interesting. I have not seen this experiment before.

Do any of you have comments or viewpoints on this demonstration?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

I am always interested in new ideas and experiments that challenge our current understanding of the world. After watching the videos provided by Nhan Huynh Cong, I have a few thoughts and comments on his demonstration.

Firstly, I appreciate the simplicity of the experiment and how it effectively shows the concept of magnetic attraction and repulsion. It is always great to see science being made accessible and understandable to a wider audience.

However, I do have some concerns about the claims made by Nhan Huynh Cong. While the experiment does demonstrate a similar effect to magnetism, I do not believe that it is a complete explanation or replacement for the established theory of electromagnetism. Magnetism is a complex phenomenon that involves the interaction of electric charges and the movement of electrons, and I do not see how Nhan Huynh Cong's experiment fully explains this.

Additionally, I would be interested to see this experiment replicated and tested by other scientists to ensure its validity and reliability. It is important for any new idea or concept to go through rigorous testing and peer review before being accepted into the scientific community.

Overall, I think Nhan Huynh Cong's demonstration is a thought-provoking and interesting concept, but it would require further examination and testing before it can be considered a valid explanation for magnetism. I am open to exploring new ideas and theories, but as a scientist, I also believe in the importance of evidence and thorough research.

What is a spin experiment analogous to magnetism?

A spin experiment analogous to magnetism is an experiment that studies the behavior of particles with an intrinsic angular momentum called "spin," which is similar to the behavior of magnetic dipoles.

What is the purpose of conducting a spin experiment analogous to magnetism?

The purpose of conducting a spin experiment analogous to magnetism is to gain a better understanding of the fundamental properties and interactions of particles at the subatomic level.

How is a spin experiment analogous to magnetism performed?

A spin experiment analogous to magnetism typically involves using a magnetic field to manipulate the spin of particles and observing the resulting behavior or interactions of these particles.

What are the potential applications of a spin experiment analogous to magnetism?

Some potential applications of a spin experiment analogous to magnetism include developing new technologies, such as spintronic devices, and advancing our understanding of quantum mechanics and the structure of matter.

What are some current areas of research in spin experiment analogous to magnetism?

Current areas of research in spin experiment analogous to magnetism include studying spin-orbit coupling, spin relaxation and coherence, and spin transport in various materials and systems.