Star Power Emission: 500nm-510nm

• Thread starter agentsmith1011
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Power Star
In summary, the conversation discusses the radius and surface temperature of a star and asks for the power emitted in a specific wavelength range. The surface area of the star is also mentioned and is used to find the answer using the information from a provided link.
agentsmith1011
A star has radius R=1.90x10^9 m and surface temperature T=15,200K. How much power does it emit in the range 500 nm < lamda < 510 nm?

Physics news on Phys.org
Please read this first.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94379

I really really tried my best. So can someone help me now?

4*pi()*R^2...But I wish it is pi()*R^2

agentsmith1011 said:
4*pi()*R^2...But I wish it is pi()*R^2
It is what it is. Can you use the information from the link I posted, or your text, and the surface area of the star to find the answer?

yea, thanks.

FAQ: Star Power Emission: 500nm-510nm

1. What is "Star Power Emission: 500nm-510nm"?

"Star Power Emission: 500nm-510nm" refers to the specific range of wavelengths of light emitted by a star. It falls within the green portion of the visible light spectrum.

2. Why is the 500nm-510nm range important in star emission?

The 500nm-510nm range is important because it is the range of wavelengths that corresponds to the color green. This can provide valuable information about the composition and temperature of a star.

3. How is the 500nm-510nm range measured?

The 500nm-510nm range is measured using a spectrophotometer, which separates light into its different wavelengths and measures the intensity of each wavelength. The intensity of light in this range can be used to calculate the star's luminosity and temperature.

4. What can the 500nm-510nm range tell us about a star?

The 500nm-510nm range can tell us about a star's temperature, composition, and age. For example, a star with a higher intensity in this range may be younger and hotter, while a star with a lower intensity may be older and cooler.

5. How does the 500nm-510nm range differ among different types of stars?

The 500nm-510nm range can vary among different types of stars. For example, a blue star may have a higher intensity in this range compared to a red star, as blue stars are typically hotter and emit more energy in the visible light spectrum.