1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Starting point

1. Jun 23, 2008 #1
    Can anyone recommend the best introductory resources for physics. resources for someone who has just started to learn the basics would be good.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2008 #2
    Short of knowing basic algebra and math you should pick up a textbook on linear and 2 dimensional motion. The book will progress into Newtons laws, forces, friction, collisions, and other basic motion situations.

4. Jun 24, 2008 #3
    You should probably say what level of schooling you have reached (high school, college, etc) and what math and physics courses you have taken before if you want useful advice about this.

5. Jun 24, 2008 #4
    I am looking for high school level resourses

6. Jun 24, 2008 #5
    Have you taken calculus? Have you taken ANY physics before?

7. Jun 24, 2008 #6
    I have taken cxc level physics but I had a hard time understanding physics. so i would like some thing simple to start with.

8. Jun 24, 2008 #7
    I don't know what "cxc level physics" is but I think I have an idea where you stand now. I would recommend the following website:

http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/Phys/Class/BBoard.html

in order to improve your understanding of the basic physics. The author explains things very clearly and thoroughly with lots of visual aids that make it easy to read. You will also need to find a source of problems to work through since you cannot learn physics without doing problems. For that I'm not really sure what to tell you but for a start you could go back to the problems that you had difficulty in the course you referred to.

9. Jun 24, 2008 #8
    thanks alot for the link.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?