State of the Union: Applause Sign, Soundbites & More

In summary, the conversation is about the State of the Union address and the reactions from those watching it. There is discussion about the excessive amount of applause during the speech and how it is planned out with specific marks on the teleprompter. Some found the speech to be tolerable, while others were irritated by the commentary from the opposing party. There is also mention of the political motivations behind Social Security reform and how both parties seem more concerned with their own power rather than the well-being of the American people.
Loren Booda said:
That's enough to keep a poor family in food for a year, spit or not.

And your point is ??

That money goes into government funds, some of which of course goes to help those in need.

At any rate, I think it costs a lot more than a 1000 Singapore dollars to keep a family at the subsitence level in Singapore. The cost of living is not that low here. But poverty levels are very low and most enjoy a decent standard of living.

Physics news on Phys.org
The point being that in one country the value of spit feeds a poor family in another for a year. Singapore, like my US, enjoys a somewhat delusional economic view of the world.

And a few briefly-mentioned, minor notes:

Respect For Women – Would that mean allowing women to have determination over their own bodies and life?

Gang Violence – Would that mean taking control of our borders and enforcing immigration law?

Ethanol – Would that mean concern for the environment and energy alternatives to OIL? Right, and this “unlimited” source of alternative fuel from corn production would not be affected by climate/weather changes due to global warming…from use of fossil fuel (i.e. oil)?

Aside from tax cuts for the wealthy, trade deficits due to pacts with China, outsourcing American jobs, spending like drunken sailors helping countries other than our own, diverting funds away from Social Security, etc. could we think of some more ways to destroy America?

How do I get this purple ink off my middle finger?