Is Your Reasoning on Track? Get Feedback and Graph Analysis!

• Thread starter A dummy progression
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary, at time 1 the mobile was below the garage roof and had an initial velocity of 5m/s upwards. It reached its maximum height at time 3 and then fell all the way back to 4m below the garage roof.
A dummy progression
Homework Statement
A mobile (M) is animated by a uniformly varied rectilinear motion.
At time=0, it is on abscissa x= -1 meter
At time = 1s, it is on abscissa X= +2 meters
At time = 3 s , it is on abscissa x= -4 meters
Relevant Equations
Find the time equation of the movement
IMG_20220123_111059_884.jpg

This is where I'm stucked i don't even know if my reasoning is correct.

Physics news on Phys.org
When it says at time ##t = 0##, ##x = -1## that means you can substitute ##t=0## into your equation and get ##x = -1##. That may help!

Likes A dummy progression
I
PeroK said:
When it says at time ##t = 0##, ##x = -1## that means you can substitute ##t=0## into your equation and get ##x = -1##. That may help!
I fond that the accelaration is -4
The initial velocity is 5
And the initial distance is -1

The time equation is : -4(t^2) + 5t -1

Is it correct?

But i don't understand something the accelaration is -4 and how is it possible that a time=1, The abscissa is positive and after time=3, it becomes negative. Shouldn't the mobile stop?

A dummy progression said:
I fond that the accelaration is -4
The initial velocity is 5
And the initial distance is -1

The time equation is : -4(t^2) + 5t -1

Is it correct?
Yes, although you should include the relevant units in metres and seconds.
But i don't understand something the accelaration is -4 and how is it possible that a time=1, The abscissa is positive and after time=3, it becomes negative. Shouldn't the mobile stop?
This motion is similar to a ball being thrown up and falling back down: it starts ##1m## below some reference point (perhaps ##1m## below the garage roof); it has an initial velocity of ##5m/s## upwards; and, the acceleration due to gravity is ##-4m/s^2##. That might be nearer the figure for Mars than Earth, I guess.

At time ##t = 1## it has moved above the reference point and is still moving up. By time ##t = 3## it has reached its maxium height and fallen all the way back to ##4m## below the reference point (##3m## below where it started.

It might be worth plotting a velocity against time and a position against time graph for your equation.

PeroK said:
Yes, although you should include the relevant units in metres and seconds.

This motion is similar to a ball being thrown up and falling back down: it starts ##1m## below some reference point (perhaps ##1m## below the garage roof); it has an initial velocity of ##5m/s## upwards; and, the acceleration due to gravity is ##-4m/s^2##. That might be nearer the figure for Mars than Earth, I guess.

At time ##t = 1## it has moved above the reference point and is still moving up. By time ##t = 3## it has reached its maxium height and fallen all the way back to ##4m## below the reference point (##3m## below where it started.

It might be worth plotting a velocity against time and a position against time graph for your equation.
Should i do two different graphs? One for the velocity and the other for the position?

Should i do two different graphs? One for the velocity and the other for the position?
Yes.

PeroK said:
Yes.
Oh, thank you Perok 👌👍

Oh, thank you Perok 👌👍
I'll show you the graphs

1. What is "Stuck on a Problem? Get Help Here!"?

"Stuck on a Problem? Get Help Here!" is a resource for individuals who are struggling with a problem and need assistance in finding a solution. It provides a platform for users to seek help from others who may have experience or knowledge in the specific problem area.

2. How does "Stuck on a Problem? Get Help Here!" work?

Users can post their problem on the platform and other users can respond with potential solutions or suggestions. The user who posted the problem can then choose the best solution and mark it as the accepted answer. This allows for a collaborative effort in problem-solving and can lead to more efficient and effective solutions.

3. Is "Stuck on a Problem? Get Help Here!" free to use?

Yes, "Stuck on a Problem? Get Help Here!" is completely free to use. There are no fees or subscriptions required to access the platform or to post a problem. It is a community-driven resource aimed at helping individuals find solutions to their problems.

4. Can I trust the solutions provided on "Stuck on a Problem? Get Help Here!"?

While the platform does not guarantee the accuracy or effectiveness of the solutions provided, it does have a rating system where users can upvote or downvote solutions based on their usefulness. This can help users determine the credibility of a solution and make informed decisions.

5. Can I remain anonymous on "Stuck on a Problem? Get Help Here!"?

Yes, users have the option to post their problem anonymously. This allows for a safe and non-judgmental space for individuals to seek help without revealing their identity. However, creating an account and using a username can also help build a reputation and credibility on the platform.