Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Student Faces Terrorism Charges

1. Aug 31, 2007 #1

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

He claimed he was only carrying some fireworks from Wal-Mart.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20533248/
    Found:
    One was charged with teaching the other how to use them.
    Our own forum guidelines have recently changed to address this and some other issues.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=178906

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2007 #2
    I wonder how much of it has to do with them being Egyptian...

4. Aug 31, 2007 #3

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

We usually let the Norwegian pipe bombers off with only a warning...

"Now you guys be careful out there with that dynamite! See you at the Nobel ceremony!"

5. Aug 31, 2007 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Nah, sounds like even Norwegians would have gotten in trouble for this one:

6. Aug 31, 2007 #5
    They look like terrorists to me.

7. Aug 31, 2007 #6

berkeman

Uh-oh. Here we go.

Disclaimer -- Cyrus is just trying to be funny here, and keep his banner for another year. He is also making a political statement, with his often-used ironic twist. Finally, he texted this in while flying his plane, so he could not post a longer explanation of what he meant. End of disclaimer.

8. Aug 31, 2007 #7
    The trouble was caused by America itself. The terrorist themselves may be good to people in real life. But their spirit seems governed by something else. Nowhere safe , Terrorism is everywhere in the world. Dig a deep hole and hide yourself in it with enough food.

The terrorist live among students because of students' powerful identity. Is there a terrorist ever reading this forum, I was wondering.

9. Aug 31, 2007 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"Real life"? And when exactly does that happen? After they're done shooting up people, or perhaps after they've blown up a handful of people along with themselves?

10. Aug 31, 2007 #9

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hmmmmm. Good people in real life but 'something else' in spirit... Could that be 'evil'?

11. Aug 31, 2007 #10
    I mean in real life, you cannot see their other sides.In real life, the terrorist may not behave like a gang memeber does.
    I would say their "spirit stuff" is evil, but they won't think as what we think.
    They bomb themselves NOT because they like to do so. They "spirit stuff" (or maybe their leader force) force them to do so.

12. Aug 31, 2007 #11
    Some people tend to think that terrorists are psychotic maniacs. Most of them aren't. The reason they do what they do is that they think they'll go to paradice when they die. Off course poverty is a factor as well, but these people wouldn't do what they do if they weren't brainwashed in school.

13. Aug 31, 2007 #12
    I am not saying terrorists are psychotic maniacs AT ALL. tHEY HAVE A organization, which is America' enemy.

I have told you that

tHEY DO NOT LIKE TO DO so. They are forced to do so.

You do not even know what this means?

Are they willing to die? I am jsu saying what caused them to do so, which you should think over.

14. Aug 31, 2007 #13
    Yes, many of them are willing to die. Their religion tells them that the martyr's death will send them to the highest level of paradice.

15. Aug 31, 2007 #14
    You maybe only see one side of it.

They may be encouraged to do so by believing in what you said. But I believe they have hate in their mind.

Can you imagine one thing: Somebody will/or trying to kill your "GOD" who you trust forever, then what you will do then?

16. Aug 31, 2007 #15

Evo

This is straying too far off the OP's topic of the stupidity of tampering with explosives.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?