1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering?

1. Oct 6, 2015 #1
    Hello! Right now I'm having some trouble deciding whether to continue studying just Electrical Engineering or besides that also start studying Mechanical Engineering. I have heard about mechatronics but that degree is not taught here.

I would like to know from you which career you think has better job opportunities and a better salary in general. I also want to know if you think it is worth to study these both careers at the same time.

I'm currently studying electrical engineering but i've only seen the basics which is almost the same as mechanical engineering.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2015 #2
    It sounds like extreme overkill to me. I don't imagine you can possible work as both an electrical engineer and mechanical engineer at the same time, and any more interdisciplinary job I'm sure you can do with one degree and a couple of extra courses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook