1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stupid writer

1. Aug 15, 2007 #1
    my dvd writer seems to have gone mad. i burned 5 sony dvd's first n they all were fine, then the next one got thrashed and then 2-3 dvd's got wasted. again few next dvd's were fine. all my dvd's were of sony. things continued. now i have about 10-12 fine working dvd's and same number of "REALLY BURNED" dvd's. i even tried some low grade dvd's, they were fine n few sony dvd's got blown up.
    i dont think anything is wrong with the dvd's, i mean so many cant go wrong, can they??
    is there anyway to find out if my dvd writer is working properly or not:confused::confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2007 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Not easily - the writers are so cheap now that it probably isn't worth wasting discs (and data) on a suspect one.

4. Aug 17, 2007 #3
    thats true but i cant just throw away my writer. i ll first atleast try to know, which one is wrong

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?