Blight of Subwoofers in Cars: Why Do People Do This?

• Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cars
In summary, the conversation involves a discussion about the annoyance and disturbance caused by loud car stereos, particularly subwoofers. The participants express frustration and suggest various solutions, including modifying the Second Amendment to allow the use of firearms against subwoofers and using anti-subwoofer weapons. They also make jokes about the situation and the actions of those with loud car stereos. The conversation ends with a mention of anti-ELF attenuators being developed to combat the noise.
I won't lie, I kind of like the skin crawling feeling you get with really deep base. I don't like the sound of the sides of the car rattling louder than the music. If you are going to put in really loud base, you should have to go through and tighten and dampen every point where metal is in contact with metal. This is what makes it so annoying when a junker has a loud system. The car rattles so hard you think parts are going to fly off.

I don't have the loud base because I don't feel like taking my car apart to keep it from rattling.

Physics news on Phys.org
Saladsamurai said:
I didn't realize that GD was such a dumping ground these days. Is whining all that you do? Or have you got any other tricks?
Ouch.:tongue2: I had the same thought but deleted it before pressing send.

PF can do what the Flat Earthers web site did and have a ranting section. They really needed one.

You're claiming this situation is different because you claim you aren't breaking the law by cruising in the left lane. I pointed you to a law that says otherwise. So you were breaking the law. Pretending it doesn't apply to you is not a valid defense, thus the source of the common phrase "ignorance of the law is no excuse".
It was proven in the other thread that I am not breaking the law.
Not yet it isn't.

Still, you're using a proposed law as your case here yet in a similar situation you're ignoring an existing law.

C'mon buddy, you're nailed.
The law IS existing. You keep ignoring that part.
And again, I'm not nailed, since I wasn't breaking the law.

Sometimes I think you're living on a different planet, in your head, where you're the king of the world.
I didn't realize that GD was such a dumping ground these days. Is whining all that you do? Or have you got any other tricks?
Dumping grounds for posts like yours? Apparently.
I'm expressing disapproval of something. You evidently don't like me, so you childishly call it whining. Your basis for whether something is whining or not is conditional on if you like the person.
If these people were your neighbors, you'd know how I feel. But since they're not, you can tell me how I should feel. You're not me, so you don't care until it happens to you.
Since all I do is whine, that means you could post the other threads I've made, whining about something else? Should be easy, since all my posts are whining. But then you could just post anything and call it whining, since you obviously use words haphazardly without any care about the actual meaning.

But thanks for the constructive criticism. Thanks for taking the time away from inventing stuff, solving problems and helping people, to type out that important message.
I won't lie, I kind of like the skin crawling feeling you get with really deep base. I don't like the sound of the sides of the car rattling louder than the music. If you are going to put in really loud base, you should have to go through and tighten and dampen every point where metal is in contact with metal. This is what makes it so annoying when a junker has a loud system. The car rattles so hard you think parts are going to fly off.

I don't have the loud base because I don't feel like taking my car apart to keep it from rattling.
You actually like hearing loud bass? That's a new one.
I hate it. I can feel it in my chest. It's an intrusion and needs to be banned.
For a while I was skeptical that there was even music playing along with the bass. There is, but the music doesn't travel far. The bass, however, travels VERY far, so that's all I hear from it.
People can play their music because that's their right. But playing it too loud infringes on other people's rights.
There's nothing positive that comes from subwoofers being so loud. And there's no logical reason to have them cranked up all the way to accompany the music. It drowns out the music and makes everyone around you hate you.
Cops need to crack down on that.

Really?

You just HAD to ressurect this thread? HAve they been doing it again or something?.

That's enough of that.