1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggested Fields of Research for High School Student

1. Mar 17, 2012 #1
    I got accepted into a fairly competitive three-year program at my high school where we work with local colleges on scientific research and I need to choose what to do within the next couple of months. We publish our findings with several science organizations/magazines, so I want to pick a field that still has many scientists working in it.

I have taken Biology and our school's mandatory freshman Physical Science class (1/3 chemistry, 1/3 physics, 1/3 earth science), and I'm taking AP Calc/Comp Physics next year. I've read several popular science books by Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, etc. but I know that those sort of books are more catered to laypeople.

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2012 #2

eri

I can't imagine you've got all that many choices. You'll have to work on your project with someone at the college, which means you're pretty much restricted to what they work on and what resources they can offer you. While you might be able to pick your own topic, if you don't have the background to work in the field mostly on your own, you won't get anywhere.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook