1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestions for beginner in Robotics?

1. Feb 19, 2015 #1
    I am studying Electronics and Telecom Engineering and beginner in Robotics.I want to make serious start from scratch with interest but confused from where to start.So can anyone give some suggestions for
    1.As a beginner in robotics ,are there some simple and basic robots or circuit designs which I can make by myself in the home(so that I can gain practical knowledge of robots)?
    2.or should I first read books (can anyone suggest some good reference book names,articles ,links,free on-line video lecture series)?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

You could check out the Arduino platform. It's basically a computer that can read sensors and drive actuators. The limit is your imagination and how much you want to spend.

Some makers have built simple robot wheeled vehicles using the arduino to control speed and direction with some added sensors to prevent wall collisions or detect a light source or sound source...

http://www.arduino.cc

Wikipedia has a summary of what arduino is about that may be a good starting point too

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino

4. Feb 19, 2015 #3
    I have recently completed my engineering in Electronics and Telecom stream.I am still a fresher and wanting to get placement in the robotics and automation based company .For that I am planning to join training institute. So

1.Which are the best Automation and Robotics training institutes(e.g. prolific,vector,technocrat etc but don't know about their ranking and whether they are good or bad) in India which can give me quality training (name and location)
    2.Are there any free on-line video lecture series to learn from home?

3..Also,which courses should I must select (like PLC ,ARDUINO,SCADA) from such institutes as E&TC engineer?

5. Feb 20, 2015 #4

Svein

Science Advisor

Contact ABB Research in Bangalore.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook