Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summa, summa, summa

1. Nov 13, 2009 #1
    Which do you think is most admirable: to graduate from a distinguished university, to graduate with honors, or to graduate under trying circumstances?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2009 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I say, to graduate under trying circumstances. Granted I'm biased because that's how I graduated, haha.

4. Nov 13, 2009 #3

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Me too. I recall several circumstances in which I was trying.

5. Nov 13, 2009 #4
    What about graduating from a distinguished university, with honours, under trying circumstances?

6. Nov 13, 2009 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Then I say, kudos.

7. Nov 13, 2009 #6
    I'd pick an average school in town, crowded with funny nice people. My professors are those that don't know much about PF as if they are all around PF, I can not move in and out easily to chat with you all. If they knew how many scars I have, one day I am afraid they will shame me

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009
  8. Nov 14, 2009 #7
    I got several honors in high school, went to an Ivy League university, and attained my Masters degree despite severe mental illness. No summa, not even magna.

9. Nov 14, 2009 #8
    It would depend on by whom do you wish to be admired

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook