Which is the most admirable way to graduate?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the most admirable way to graduate from university. The speakers mention graduating under trying circumstances and graduating from a distinguished university with honors as options, with one person sharing their personal bias towards graduating under trying circumstances. The conversation then shifts to discussing the speaker's own experiences and achievements, including attending an average school, receiving honors in high school, and earning a Masters degree despite mental illness. The conversation ends with a question about who the person wishes to be admired by.
Loren Booda
Which do you think is most admirable: to graduate from a distinguished university, to graduate with honors, or to graduate under trying circumstances?

Physics news on Phys.org
I say, to graduate under trying circumstances. Granted I'm biased because that's how I graduated, haha.

lisab said:
I say, to graduate under trying circumstances. Granted I'm biased because that's how I graduated, haha.

Me too. I recall several circumstances in which I was trying.

What about graduating from a distinguished university, with honours, under trying circumstances?

NeoDevin said:
What about graduating from a distinguished university, with honours, under trying circumstances?

Then I say, kudos.

Loren Booda said:
Which do you think is most admirable: to graduate from a distinguished university, to graduate with honors, or to graduate under trying circumstances?

I'd pick an average school in town, crowded with funny nice people. My professors are those that don't know much about PF as if they are all around PF, I can not move in and out easily to chat with you all. If they knew how many scars I have, one day I am afraid they will shame me

Last edited by a moderator:
I got several honors in high school, went to an Ivy League university, and attained my Masters degree despite severe mental illness. No summa, not even magna.

It would depend on by whom do you wish to be admired

Related to Which is the most admirable way to graduate?

1. What qualities make a graduation admirable?

An admirable graduation is one that demonstrates hard work, dedication, and perseverance. It also showcases qualities such as leadership, creativity, and a strong sense of community.

2. Is it better to graduate with honors or have a high GPA?

Both graduating with honors and having a high GPA are impressive achievements. However, it ultimately depends on your academic goals and personal priorities. Some may prioritize maintaining a high GPA, while others may strive for honors recognition.

3. Is it more admirable to graduate early or take time to explore other opportunities?

Graduating early is a admirable accomplishment, as it requires determination and time management skills. However, taking time to explore other opportunities, such as internships, study abroad programs, or volunteering, can also be a valuable and admirable experience.

4. How important is it to have a well-rounded education when graduating?

A well-rounded education is important because it allows you to gain a diverse range of knowledge and skills. It shows that you are able to excel in various subjects and adapt to different situations, making you a more versatile and admirable graduate.

5. What role does involvement in extracurricular activities play in an admirable graduation?

Involvement in extracurricular activities can demonstrate a well-rounded education and showcase qualities such as leadership, teamwork, and time management. It also allows you to explore your interests and passions outside of academics, making you a more well-rounded and admirable graduate.