Superheated vapor tables for propane

In summary, superheated vapor tables for propane provide a comprehensive set of data for the properties of propane in a superheated state. These tables include values for temperature, pressure, specific volume, enthalpy, and entropy, allowing for accurate calculations and analysis of propane in industrial and engineering applications. They are a valuable resource for understanding the behavior of propane under high temperature and pressure conditions.
nineeyes
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew a site where I could find the superheated vapor tables for propane. It's not in my thermodynamics book and I spent some time searching online and couldn't find it there either. I really need it to find the specific volume (ft^3/lbm) for T = 80 F and P = 125 PSI.
I apologize if this was not the right place to ask.
Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks a lot for the help! That's a really useful site.

1. What is a superheated vapor table for propane?

A superheated vapor table for propane is a table that displays the properties of superheated propane vapor at various temperatures and pressures. It includes information such as specific volume, enthalpy, and entropy.

2. Why are superheated vapor tables important for propane?

Superheated vapor tables are important for propane because they provide valuable information for engineers and scientists working with propane in industrial processes. They can help determine the behavior of propane at different temperatures and pressures, which is crucial for designing and operating safe and efficient systems.

3. How are superheated vapor tables for propane created?

Superheated vapor tables for propane are created through complex calculations and measurements of the physical properties of propane at different conditions. These data points are then compiled and organized into a table for easy reference.

4. Are superheated vapor tables for propane accurate?

Superheated vapor tables for propane are based on empirical data and equations derived from scientific principles. While they may not be exact in all cases, they are considered to be accurate representations of the behavior of propane vapor at various temperatures and pressures.

5. How can superheated vapor tables for propane be used in real-world applications?

Superheated vapor tables for propane can be used in a variety of real-world applications, such as in the design and operation of propane-fueled engines, refrigeration systems, and industrial processes. They can also be used to troubleshoot and analyze issues that may arise with these systems.