1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Supersonic CD-nozzle

1. Apr 19, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi everybody! I have a question about this type of flow. I have a Convergent divergent passage, with supersonic flow upstream and downstream, the flow iside of it is unknowm. The question is that , knowing that one normal shock occurs within the canal, either in the convergent or the divergent part, which one is the right answer? I know it happens in the convergent part but why? I know that decelerating the supersonic flow entering the convergent part would cause a rise in pressure, density and temperature, but I´m not able to motivate more than that. Anybody can help me? The convergent part is between 1 and 2, the divergent between 2 and 3.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted