Switch AC Signal - Low Impedance (<1ohm) 50Vrms 1-100Khz

  • Thread starter Thread starter EE4life
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ac Signal Switch
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
EE4life
Messages
63
Reaction score
2
Hi all,

I would like to make a switch for an AC signal (on off ,ie, high impedance and low impedance). The switch should have less than 1 ohmn impedance. The signal can range from 1-100Khz and the signal will be 50Vrms.

I tried to use mosfets, but they do not block the signal completely, and I do not think they are meant to control AC signals like this.

Thanks in advance.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
EE4life said:
Hi all,

I would like to make a switch for an AC signal (on off ,ie, high impedance and low impedance). The switch should have less than 1 ohmn impedance. The signal can range from 1-100Khz and the signal will be 50Vrms.

I tried to use mosfets, but they do not block the signal completely, and I do not think they are meant to control AC signals like this.

Thanks in advance.

You have probably considered simple relays -- could you say why you rejected them? Switching time, bounce, etc?
 
There are many ways of doing it, but it will depend on the maximum signal current.
Are the signals in a coaxial cable or a twisted pair?

Often a “T” structure switch is used. Two series switches in the top of the “T” are used to block the signal while another switch in the stem of the “T” grounds the midpoint when the switch is off to greatly reduce feedthrough. Perhaps you can use that structure with mosfets.