1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Systems and Signals questions-plots

1. Feb 1, 2014 #1
    Systems and Signals questions---plots

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Problem: Express the bottom 5 plots in term of x(t) (the top plot) with its time shift, time scale, time reverse and superposition properties. (see attached picture)

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I have very little notes on this and feel like I have done this a few years ago, but my memory is failing me. I am not understanding how to get the plots just from x(t).

My attempt for x1(t): it looks like it is just x(t) but 2 of them back to back with one being reversed.Also it is shifted left by 1. So I figured it would look something like x(t+1) + x(-t+1).

I have no idea if that is right or not or how to check it. If anyone could help teach me with examples or have a good link that can teach me that would help a lot.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2014 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi Alpha_Centauri! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

A curly question you have here, for your first post! Perhaps if you get no help here, message a moderator and ask to have this moved to the maths homework forum (precalculus maths). Your subject line might have thrown a few off the scent of an easy maths problem. :smile:

I'm a bit rusty on these myself. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Feb 3, 2014 #3
    Thanks NascentOxygen! I will keep that in mind for future post, but for this I think I was able to figure it out!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted