Solving System of Equations with Variables

• Thread starter enibaraliu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Systems
In summary, a system of equations with variables is a set of equations involving unknown variables and the goal is to find the values of these variables that satisfy all the equations. To solve such systems, methods like substitution, elimination, or graphing can be used. A system of equations with variables can have no solution, one solution, or infinitely many solutions. It is important to solve such systems as it helps in understanding relationships between variables and making predictions or decisions. There are shortcuts like using matrices or software programs, but it is important to have a good understanding of the underlying concepts first.
enibaraliu
1st: 32x-2y+2*3x-y-3=0
3x+31-y=4

2nd: 3y*[tex]\sqrt[x]{64}[/tex]=36
5y*[tex]\sqrt[x]{512}[/tex]=200

3rd: 9*5x+7*2x+y=457
6*5x-14*2x+2=-890

At first i treid to replace 3x with u , 3x=u and 3y=v but I don't know what to do then.

At 2nd, [tex]\sqrt[x]{64}[/tex] I replace with 26/x but then this be more complicate,and I don't know another way,please help me!

Physics news on Phys.org
For 1,
Cant you solve the second equation for [tex]3^x[/tex] and then plug it back into the first one after you break it down using your exponent properties?

that's just suggestion at first glance.
CC

I would first like to commend your efforts in attempting to solve these systems of equations. It shows determination and critical thinking skills. However, it is important to approach these problems systematically and use mathematical principles to solve them.

For the first system of equations, we can use the elimination method to solve for x and y. By adding the two equations together, we can eliminate the y terms and solve for x. Then, we can substitute the value of x into one of the equations to solve for y.

For the second system of equations, we can use the substitution method. We can solve for y in terms of x in the first equation and substitute that into the second equation. Then, we can solve for x and use that value to solve for y.

For the third system of equations, we can use the elimination method again. By multiplying the first equation by -2 and adding it to the second equation, we can eliminate the x terms and solve for y. Then, we can substitute the value of y into one of the equations to solve for x.

It is important to remember to follow the order of operations and use algebraic principles to solve these systems of equations. With practice and patience, you will be able to solve more complex systems of equations. Keep up the good work!

FAQ: Solving System of Equations with Variables

1. What is a system of equations with variables?

A system of equations with variables is a set of equations that involve two or more unknown variables. The goal is to find the values of these variables that satisfy all of the equations in the system.

2. How do you solve a system of equations with variables?

To solve a system of equations with variables, you can use various methods such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. These methods involve manipulating the equations to eliminate one of the variables and then solving for the remaining variable. This process is repeated until all variables have been solved for, giving the solution to the system.

3. Can a system of equations with variables have more than one solution?

Yes, a system of equations with variables can have no solution, one solution, or infinitely many solutions. This depends on the number of equations and variables in the system and their relationships to each other.

4. What is the importance of solving systems of equations with variables?

Solving systems of equations with variables is important in various fields such as mathematics, engineering, and economics. It helps in finding the relationships between different variables and making predictions or decisions based on these relationships.

5. Are there any shortcuts or tricks for solving systems of equations with variables?

Yes, there are certain shortcuts or methods that can make solving systems of equations with variables easier and more efficient. These include using matrices, Gaussian elimination, or software programs such as graphing calculators. However, it is important to understand the underlying concepts and methods before using these shortcuts.

Back